Thursday, March 6, 2008

Home & Home Pt Duex! 3-6-08

Ok... I made it here, and at 7:08 pm, it's not as crowded as I expected. But I"m sure that will change by 7:30.

Today was busy at the Coliseum as Mike & The Mad Dog did their WFAN show from the tunnel with all the Islander notables. Sorry, I still rather listen to XM, but I listened for what I could.

Blog Box is busy tonight with B.D., his Ranger Brother Scott, OkposoNet Ken, Tiger Track Tom Liodice, and Voice of the Fan, Frank Trovato.

Oh look....18:31 w/2 sog... Shanahan came in alone. And so it freakin' starts. Where the hell is my valium. I'm not going to get myself upset yet. There's plenty of hockey to be played this evening.
Johnson mixes it up a little with Avery behind the net, which is a little silly if you ask me. But no one did. And at least... he's not on his butt.

The Ranger fans are pretty loud this evening, as usual. But as I said, I won't let it get me yet. But I can see this game is going to be ugly. If Andy ever needed a game to be AWESOME... it's this one.

Dubie made some very nice saves on Jagr, with Witt close behind him. But what completely pissed me off is Avery running into the crease and crashing into Dubie. I couldnt' help but yell at him, but I see theres no penalty. If I find out what car he drives... grrrrrr...

Note to Ted: Meyer is haveing a horrible first period, and Frank may have a heart attack for sure. Rangers up by 2.

#14 goes to the box, and we're scared. Do we have to take the power play? Can we just say... um... not thanks. We're good.

B.D. and Scott are SHARING a computer. How quaint. He should just keep it away from Scott and let him use a tablet and chisel.

SignGuy is here with various signs tonight. Hopefully, he'll be able to use them if the Isalnders find their spark.

It's either Bates or Sim standing in the tunnel watching at the glass, and I"m sure, wishing he was on the ice himself.

Powerplay offers up nothing, but almost offered another short handed goal. THAT would have been completely disheartening.

Ok. I think I'm going to bring the laptop down to the bar and watch from there. SOG are now 7 - 7 with 6:35 left, and the score is now 0-3 with a goal by none other than Sean Avery. Wow... I'm not feeling very well. And I'm not going to look down the table at Scott. Oh... It wasn't ... it almost was.

I got sidetracked by the softball dads who came to visit me from my daughter's team. They stood and chatted with me for quite awhile. Pain in the neck Ranger fans that they are.
It took forever to get around the concourse for the meet & greet and even longer for one lousey slice of pizza. I missed Sean's goal, but when I saw it on the replay, I screamed like crazy.

Ok. Now, it's a hockey game. I told IQ not to worry. Although 4Cupz told me "If they get to 3 - 0, push her back in my direction. We're leaving."

5:28 left of the 2nd, and Avery takes a penalty. Frank is declining it. I don't blame him.

Someone in 301 dumped their beer, and it ran down the blog box sign and onto Scott's coat.... not nice. I'm tyring to type and eat at the same time, and this isn't working. There's pizza on the keyboard. Big Angry Man won't be pleased. Just kidding.

Good day for the little blond angry hockey players. Blake has a goal and assist tonight against the Bruins. Must be the moon.

3rd starts with a raucious cheer of "Let's Go Isalnders." The blog box table is shaking like crazy, I hope I don't dump the laptop, but at least my pizza is done and won't end up in my lap.

SOG are now 26 - 15 in favor of the Islanders. Let's see if they can get through this powerplay without giving up another goal. And the answer to that is.... NO. It bounced up, over and in. I don't even know how. The pizza may make a second appearance if this gets any uglier.

What's with the "beat your wife Potvin" chant? Were any of those guys even alive when Potvin played? But what can you expect.

Oh... speaking of foolish Ranger fans -- I found it very interesting that someone called Gary Bettman today on his radio show and was complaining about Mike Milbury making a coment about the Ranger fans today being more "respectful" than the fans of yesterday. She was all bent out of shape and wanted him "to be punished." I think Bettman didn't know what to do. I think he should have just said, "next caller." How foolish.

Vasicek takes a penalty, and they're back to trying to keep Dubie out of trouble.

Lighthouse Cup winning Coach Frank Pasqual stopped by to say "Hi" to me in the blog box. This is quite the social night for all my Ranger Fan friends, isn't it. Well... we all have them.

I will only say this about the last minute of play.... Dubie must be having heart failure. It was that much of a flurry of activity right in his crease, and he, without a stick. But as if by wizardy.... the puck stayed out. The force must be with him.

The crowd in 337 is getting loud with their Ranger chant, and others are beginning to leave the arena with 8:01 left in the 3rd. Guess they don't want to wait too long in the parking lot. Even my boss just left. But then again, he likes to get a head start at the Marriot.

Well, I guess they were due. WE knew they couldn't win EVERY game they played against each other. Yes... I'm talking about throwing in the towel now. I know I know there's 6:47 left, but we don't have anyone that can make magic right now. So... I may just pack it in and get ready to go downstairs.

(actually... I'm hoping that if I do that... they will come back in an amazing fashion, tie it up and go into overtime.)

And witt is hurt again. Great. Ok... Later all.

1 comment:

Islanders Outsider said...

No, we don't have anyone that can make magic right now. And I'm starting to wonder how exactly we're going to get someone that can make magic. Regardless of what happens over the next 13 games, Garth has his work cut out for him.