Monday, June 23, 2008

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

I think I finally figured it out this morning, the reaction my dynasty die-hard husband has to Friday's events. (And I know he and his buddies whom I've heard from all feel the same way.)

It's the same thing as I have in my household when it comes to my going food shopping. The husband and daughter both WANT Honey Nut Cheerios. You know the REAL Honey Nut Cheerios. The one that has those cute commercials they see every hour on every channel every day. Because THEY are the BEST. So what happens? I go to the store and come home with Toasty O's because they're half the price and have the exact same ingredients. What do I come home to? Anger!

"Why can't you just buy freakin' Cheerios? What's wrong with you?" So I tell them. Well, I actually got three boxes of cereal for the same price I would have paid for ONE, so I've done a better. There's MORE for the same price and it does the same job."

They don't care. They grumble and growl at me every time they open the box. So this is life.
Islander fans were sold on Cheerios, the organization brought home Toasty O's and three more boxes of cereal they didnt' have their heart set on.

I'll confess though... Every now and then.... I come home with REAL Cheerios -- when they're on sale. And then I get "Oh! Finally!"

No different. Garth Snow went shopping. He did what he had to. The family will just have to deal with it.

Ultimately, the big difference for me is that... this time... I WANTED THE DAMN CHEERIOS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee,

This is a pretty astute observation. While most of us wanted the real thing too, I think the cheap stuff will pan to better overall. I mean how many people go to the store without looking for the steals?

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE FIGURED IT OUT DEE
WE WERE LOOKING FOR A HOCKEY STUD
AND ALL WE GOT WAS CUT RATE CEREAL

Anonymous said...

dee
all year i have enjoyed your posts..but i must say passing on filatov was a huge mistake..remember what happend when we passed on heatley ..how is he doing by the way.....this one will hurt just as much..can one player make everyone around him play better and turn good line mates into very good ones...just ask any caps fan what OV means to them!!!and now you will be able to ask any Blue Jacket fan the same question.

Jim McGlynn said...

Toasty'O's. That's classic. My wife dogs me too sometimes by bringing home unsweatened green tea or pita chips.

FCT said...

Im with you on this one Dee, and the universe hasnt imploded yet.

Go Figure.

FCT