Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Damn Yankee Shame! 9-13-08

Big Angry Man tells me to stay the hell away from talking about baseball. I certainly don't know enough about it. But I can't help it as I sit here trying desperately to write my entry on my interview with TV 55's CJ Papa, but watching the Yankee game.

I have to be a Yankee fan in this house, I have no choice. But it's pretty easy to be a Derek Jeter fan. So how painful it is to watch his frustration as the Yankees are heading into the worst season ending in 12 years.

This will probably be the first year in his career that Jeter will not be playing baseball in October. And THAT is just one DAMN SHAME!! But at least he's on target to setting his final record at Yankee Stadium for hits as that seems to be the only thing Yankee fans have to cheer about this afternoon.

Maybe tonight's game of the double header will be better. Or maybe it will just be more pain.

I feel for you Derek. I really do!

Now... I gotta get back to Hockey writing... before my husband finds out about this! Doh!

1 comment:

Islanders Outsider said...

Being a baseball fan is not about making the playoffs every year. It's about surviving the disappointments so the triumphs are that much sweeter. That's how the rest of us live. An entire generation of Yankee fans can finally learn this!