Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good Godard! Pens vs. Flyers 10-14-08


Real quick because I've got two articles I need to complete and still have time to go work for the people who actually pay me.


Eric Godard is back. Yesterday on my way home, the boys on XM radio were taking wages on how long it would take Eric Godard to square off with Riley Cote. Boomer said 11 minutes, his partner said something like 7.5. They both lost. It was only 5:23 into the first when the two big men agreed it was time to go. Such gentleman to agree like that before throwing off their gloves and pummeling each other.


Godard looked good. When he left the Islanders at the end of the '05-'06 season, he wasn't well. He was pale, thin and looked like he was going to pass out any minute. He played 57 games that season and accrued 117 penalty minutes. But he was a fan favorite. He spent time in the Calgary organization where he was played 36 games of the '06 -'07 season in their AHL team. Last year, he played 74 games for the Flames and tallied all of two points. But that's not why he's in the NHL. He garnered 171 penalty minutes and his old form. Good for him. He gets to extend his NHL career as long as his knuckles permit.
So Martinek is out for 4 - 6 weeks... ALREADY! Damn! As Islesblogger.com Mike said, we should have started a Blog Box injury pool on Radek. But we didn't even have time to contemplate it. We're a better team with him in the line-up. But we can never be sure he'll be there. Heal quickly.
Okay, let me see how much of my interview with Dina, the Arena Hostess, I can get done. I'm hoping for that to be up some time this week. Yes, yes, I'll have some pictures... don't drool.


No comments: