Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lighthouse Progress & an Islanders Loss



I could sit here now at 11:15 pm and regurgitate the information about the loss. That 6 - 2 beating that the Canes put on the Isles. But I'm sure there are plenty of people who could be, and will be writing that.

I'm sure you've heard it all on the MSG Plus broadcast tonight. And the truth of the matter is, I really wasn't paying too much attention to this game (as you can see by the previous post). HOWEVER!!! Something just came to me as I was downloading my photos from tonight. The photos are fuzzy, but please take a real good look.

Double click on the photos if you have to. They are taken at 5:45 pm today from the 12th floor of the EAB plaza. Do you notice something? My my my... doesn't it look like the traffic is MOVING. Why yes... I believe that Hempstead Turnpike is moving quite nicely, thank you very much. And this is on a game night. So besides the fact that was a lovely sunset that I watched, I really didn't' see the stop light changing a few times only letting a few cars through. I heard no horns of displeasure as traffic was jammed. Actually, it was moving quite well.
So as I stated previously, and actually even earlier than PB's 4 pm post, the TOH is finally moving along, we may actually have some good news on that horizon in that photo.
So besides coming out for Saturday's TOH night at the Coliseum to show your support for the LightHouse project, if you can pencil in Tuesday 2/24/09 at 10:30 am at Hempstead's Town Hall, you can show your support for REAL, in front of those that really matter. The Elected officials.
This project is about more than hockey, it's about 60,000 construction and related jobs and 20,000 permanent jobs. It's our own little stimulus package.
More on this tomorrow. I really need to get some sleep.
And yes... Isles lost... more than just the game. The loss of Richard Park may be just more than we can bear. Seriously.

No comments: