Monday, February 23, 2009

Meet Me @ Hempstead Town Hall?

Just bring me coffee. This is me, caught between a rock and a hard place. Here is the message from the FaceBook Lighthouse group:

Lighthouse supporters, On Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. at Town of Hempstead Town Hall, the Town of Hempstead will vote to adopt the scope of the environmental studies for the Lighthouse project. These studies have been completed and will be submitted to the Town in a very short period of time following the adoption of the final scope. Support the project and come to this very important meeting. For more information, please contact the Lighthouse Development Group at info@lighthouseli.com, or (516) 414-5800. For more information on the Lighthouse project, please visit www.lighthouseli.com or lighthouseliblog.blogspot.com.

And on every Islanders Blog in the Islanders Blogosphere. Can I take the chance of sneaking out of work at 10:20 am and chalk it up to an EXCEPTIONALLY early lunch? "Sorry Leslee, I actually got up at 4:30 this morning, so I'm a little hungry."

Or do I take Bryan Berg's advice:

I think you should leave at 10:30 and leave an Out Of Office saying simply "Meet Me At The Lighthouse". Then, at about 2:30, return and tell your boss it's okay if you get fired because you were out helping create thousands of other jobs.

Anyone who lives or works in Nassau County and supports the project should attend. I will attempt it. But unless I can find a tele-porter or a body double, I have a feeling I may not make it.

No comments: