Saturday, February 28, 2009

Who are these guys? Isles vs. Buffalo

9:21 pm: I just have to say that it must suck to be Andy McDonald right now. The kid plays his first NHL goal and all anyone gives a hoot about is where is Guerin going. No one is even really paying attention to the game because everyone is checking their blackberry. Five minutes left. SOG 32 to 29 in favor of the Isles but we are still only up by one. This is too close. If they tie it at 2 minutes I'll have to puke and only because I want to go home to the Big Angry Man.
Is it snowing out yet?


9:16 pm: Okay so I was hanging out in section 213 with Vicki and I was wathcing the game but it's still 1 -0. I am going to pack up because we all know how long it takes me to pack up this thing. Thanks all. Post game tonight or tomorrow... Like if anything cool happens.


8:26 pm: I was calling for Sim to surprise me and score once again. He almost accomodated. The flurry of sticks in front of Lalime didn't net us another goal, but it sure was entertaining.





8:22 pm: And Blake Comeau leaves the ice as he receives a 10 minute game misconduct. Doug had to stop shoving his face with Burrito from Chipotle in order to tell me what the hell was going on. But there were two Sabres that also received penalties that will leave the Islanders on the power play for 2 minutes.

8:14 pm: Frans... Ohhh.. swing and a miss!!! And the funniest thing is everyone is coming up to the blog box asking where Billy is going. LIKE WE HAVE A FREAKIN' CLUE!!! WE DON'T EVEN HAVE AN AUDIO FEED.



8:05 pm: And I actually got to see Sean score in thefirst few minutes of the 2nd. It's about freakin' time!! The celebration was almost short lived as Buffalo made a mad dash towards joey and with room for a pretty good wrap around move almost pushed it right past Danis, and was immediately pounced upon.


7:38 pm: No score. But the last few seconds of the 1st could have been different as Callahan saved Danis from going to the dressing room down by 1.

And according to Ranger Fan John says that Billy G. has been sighted with Madonna since A Rod is no longer respectable. Just kidding.

7:28 pm. Jackman So close to a goal! As Dougie said "Now Scott can't complain that his boys don't shoot!"

7:23 pm: And Big Angry Man alerts me that Billy Guerin isn't on the bench. So how do we check the status? Why check Point Blank of course. Who else would have it first? No other source is faster than a speeding bullet than Chris Botta. So we are still pondering where, but the speculation is there.


7:11 pm: and Andy McDonald just had his first shift and almost had his first goal. Noice....





7:04 pm: Looks like it's Yann Danis in net tonight and the Buffalo booster club is at the very top of 336.

Also, Dina just modeled the really cool GREEN Bailey T-shirt for St. Patrick's day. I'm sure they're available at the team store. They are very cool to go to a St. Patrick's party in to eat cornbeef and drink green beer.... (eeeewwwwwww... gross.)


Okay Islanders fans that's your new defenseman for tonight straight from the Bridgeport Ferry. #43 Andy McDonald. And on the other side of the ice due to the unfortunate injury to Ryan Miller is this guy Jhonas Enroth. I don't know if he's playing but... there he is.





I'd also like to know where the hell Ranger Fan John is with my wine!!!


Come on! You know I have limited drinking time here! Let's go!

Looks like Joey is starting the game but with Scott you can never tell who your goalie du jour will be until they announce the line up. Well, at least I can't. But then again, we know how good I am with the technical details.

It was sad to see that there are only 10 more home games after this one for the regular season. My god... it went fast. And only a few more days until trade deadline. This is going to be a scary week. Throw in the possible snow storm on Monday and the fact that my stupid freakin' "comma" doesn't seem to be working all of a sudden and I'm basically a mess.

As we all know, Brendan Witt received a five game suspension for the same type of mishap that others have received three. Let's call it the 2 game Islanders factor. I'd still like an explanation as to why Sidney Crosby received a NO game suspension for punching an opponent in the nuts. And I'm going to ask for it until I get it. Thank you.

No comments: