Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Draw is Brodeur 3-7-09

4:27 pm: With 4:17 left of the third, time for me to pack up the 35 lbs of hardware and get ready to head downstairs.

4:23: The walking wounded. And my phone just tells me Hunter has a fractured ankle and is out for the season. So glad we HAVE AN AUDIO FEED IN THE DAMN BLOG BOX THAT MY HUSBAND IS GIVING ME UPDATES FROM THE COUCH.


4:17 pm: The whistle is SLOW for sure, but the late goal was indeed waived off, as it should have been. They are late in announcing everything today. Someone please give us an audio feed in the blog box. Thank you.


4:08 pm: 3 - 6 As the Devils cut the lead in half on a power play goal by Patrick "Watch me pull a goal out of my a$$" Elias.



4:06 pm: Jeff gets a boarding penalty.

4:00 pm: And I'm back. I was hoping if I stayed away long enough downstairs that Sean WOULD get that hat trick. But no dice. They've pulled Marty in favor of Weeks. I think the "gentleman" in front of us will be hapy now.

3:34 pm: The text message on my phone now says "Brent Sutter just threw up in his mouth." At 6 - 2 with 1:28 left of the second, I wouldn't be surprised.

3:32 pm: OMG!! Sean scores again!! Can we pray for a hat trick?

3:25 pm: Make that 5 -2 Islanders as Josh Bailey gets his second point of the afternoon on Comeau's power play goal. Andy Hilbert gets his 100th NHL point. And Sean is on fire as he shoots twice on Brodeur.

There is an irate Devils' fan in front of us who is a stupid ass. He is calling for pulling Marty and shouting that he sucks. Does he not realize that Marty Brodeur will be in the Hall of Fame and everyone has a bad game. NO. He's a jerk. I'd take a picture, but I'm afraid the camera will break.

Dog Pile on the goalie Sorry Marty.

3:07 pm: Zach Attack. Never leave Zach Parise in front of the net! He'll score... and he did. Correction! Langenbrunner's goal and Zach's assist point

3:06 pm: Of course!!! Sean Scores when I'm not watching!!! This is getting out of hand. But I'll take it!! And #36 get's his first NHL point as an assist on Sean's goal.

2:33 pm: Hell has frozen over. Tambellini just scored on Brodeur.

2:28 pm: So YES!!! The did manage to make that power play work as Okposo, Bailey and Neilsen make that TWO on Marty who must not have taken his afternoon nap today. Meanwhile MSGplus' CJ Papa was intent watching the game and taking notes for his next segment.



2:25 pm: Okay, so they killed off one penalty and the SOG are now 10 - 5 in favor of the Devils who just took a high sticking penalty. Let's see if the power play can do something with this!


Nice bobblehead Mike Bossy.

2:17 pm: Nice block! A flury of shots, a flury of missed opportunities by the Bridgeport So... uh... NY Islanders. But they are looking pretty good.

2:14 pm: I'm sure the IslandersPointBlank faithful are happyt to see the the royal blue sweaters out there today for Alumni weekend. I'm getting so used to them, it took me until now to notice.

2:11 pm: OMG There goes Marty's Shut Out! Goal scored by Martinek on only the second shot that Marty saw this afternoon.


1:35 pm: The lure of Brodeur. There are far more Red jerseys here than I would have expected and far fewer people. But it's a day game, and we know how day games fair.



Making his NHL Debut today is Bridgeport Sound Tiger Mike Iggulden. Another one that I won't be able to spell or pronounce properly without thinking about it... hard.


Add this name to Joensuu and Rechlicz and it will take me an hour just to type one line. Mike, who is wearing #36 gets a chance to square off against the great Marty Brodeur. Let's wish him luck and his first NHL point. With Marty closing in on breaking NHL records, I'm certain the Red jerseys from Jersey are here hoping that Marty gets his 101st shut out today. He may... he may not. Let's hope the Islanders youngsters give him just a little bit of a hard time.

Game started, but I just found this quote regarding the trade of Bill Guerin to the Penguins by Ray Shero:

Penguins GM Ray Shero said on the NHL Network that Pittsburgh wasn't the team the Islanders seemingly had a deal with during the weekend that had left Guerin in limbo for four days. Instead, much like last year when he made a late push to land Marian Hossa, Shero said he was a late arrival for Guerin."We've had some interest in Bill for a while," said Shero. "I had talked to (Islanders GM) Garth Snow over the last five, six days, but we weren't the team he was waiting on. I think we were in at the end, probably the last day and a half, and we made the decision around 2:30 we should do it."Guerin had 16 goals in 61 games with the Islanders, who play an aggressive style. The Penguins have installed a more up-tempo attack under interim coach Dan Bylsma, but their offense is led by All-Stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.

Guess it really did get down to the wire.

No comments: