Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Firestorm before the Snow Storm

*Photo swiped from OkposoNet Ken Dick's facebook page. Thank you Kenny!!!
10 am: Sunday 3/1/09 I just read Greg Logan's article on the relationship between Scott Gordon and the veterans. It's quite an eye opener.

I asked my husband, the Dynasty Era Die-Hard what he thought of it. I'm sorry I did. I got a ten minute monologue comparing what Gordon is doing to what it would equate to in the fire service. It wasn't pretty. I'll leave it at this, "If this is what Gordon is doing, by alienating the vets, I've lost even more respect for him than before. " Ouch.

8 am: OMG!!! I woke up this morning to check on the status of the Bill Guerin trade and could only laugh at what I found on Chris Botta's Point Blank. The overnight stats had to be staggering with the contributing factor of being linked from the story on the TSN site.

You know you've made it in this business when TSN links your website. Of course that also gives the late night net loonies the opportunity to post at will all sorts of crap that isn't true.

Personally, I thought for sure Botta would be the one to break the news sometime in the early morning hours, but as of 7 am there was still no official word.

So onto other news that was buried because of the Guerin waiting game. I found this on TSN:

The NHL has come down hard on Minnesota Wild tough guy Derek Boogaard as the veteran enforcer was handed a five game suspension Saturday for an elbow to the head of Flames' forward Brandon Prust.

Okay then! So Witt has some suspension company for the week! Although Boogaard gives up only 1/3 the salary that Witt does.

Now the snowstorm that we are preparing for seems like the biggest story on the news. Prepare for the MASSIVE snowstorm..... OMG!!! It could be a FOOT or more!!

All I know is.... I'll be working in my PJs in my den tomorrow. OOOOOOHHHHH Scary!!!

No comments: