Friday, March 20, 2009

I HATE CABLEVISION!!

8:39 pm: While the Islanders decided to start scoring like crazy (and Congrats to Bruno for your second goal, which I called today in email to someone.) I called Cablevision to lodge a formal complaint about the TV time outs.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a young man who took all the information to lodge the complaint and then ended the conversation with "Let me hand this to our engineering dept. because I know I'm going to hear this when I get home. My dad is a huge Islanders fan."

Oh yes... He will certainly hear about it when he gets home.

So, not only do they put the islanders game on tonight on their overflow channel 14, and supposedly HD (ha ha ha ha ha) 414, but they can't even get the TV time outs timed correctly. So here I am watching the game during play and I'm suddenly watching horrible local commercials for scrap metal companies and lawyers that look like they came from the 50s.

If you are going to relegate our games to your overflow channel so you can air other things, at least have the decency to get the TV time outs right! I'm watching more commercials than I am game.

You know what??? Your commercial that Fios doesn't have local sports in HD doesn't matter to me... IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FREAKIN' AIR THE GAMES IN HD THEN WHO CARES THAT FIOS DOESN'T HAVE THEM.

AT LEAST I'LL BE ABLE TO FIND THE GAMES!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have heard me scream what f*** is going on????!!! when they went to commercial in the middle of the action. My huband thought I was going to jump through the screen and strangle someone.

islesblogger said...

You know what I did already I bet, I sent a text message to Sam and she called me back to let me know hundreds of complaints were rolling in.

My fiance is a call center supervisor for the unaware.

:)

brian said...

More whining from Isles fans regarding Cablevision. Cablevision has been losing money year after year over their contract with the Isles, and you people complain. Maybe if Isles could garner better than a .1 rating, maybe Cablevision would take the Isles more seriously instead of worrying every year about losing money televising the games of a feeble hockey team that nobody cares about.

7th Woman said...

Brian: Your last name must be Dolan.
Cablevision can't POSSIBLY be losing money on the Islanders fans considering they rape us on rates. How much is your cable bill brian? Mine is over $140 a month. And NO... I don't have all three services, that's JUST my cablevision bill.

It's not whining Brian. It's speaking out as a customer.

Unknown said...

I can totally agree with you, Cablevision really does need to get things together if they want to keep their customers satisfied. That is why I switched to DISH Network, one they are rated #1 in customers satisfaction compare to other cable and satellite providers, and two they are way better priced. I actually work at DISH now and they are offering all their customers HD free for life and new customers can get up to three receivers for free.