Friday, April 17, 2009

Dear Islanders Fans: I have a bone to pick with you!

WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU????

Okay, I'm seriously angry! You complain that hockey on Long Island is too expensive, that we can't take a family out to enjoy a game without it costing a car payment. The Islanders give you a game with a ton of names you have already seen, including one of our budding stars for $15 per ticket and where are you?

Uh HELLO? Less than 5,000 patrons on a Friday night with the game starting at 7:30 pm? $29 for glass seats and $19 for 200s. Are you KIDDING me?

What? You stayed home to watch the Mets? They have how many more baseball games to play??? We had TWO hockey games in our home arena in April and you couldn't come out?

I'm so disappointed in you I could scream. THIS is why the Canadian media thinks that Islanders fans are as mythical as Unicorns.

I've spent more at Burger King for lunch for me and my daughter than the $15 ticket I bought tonight for 15 of my friends.

Show up tomorrow people. I'm counting on you.

I'll talk about what happened at the game tonight when I get up. Right now, if I try to, I'll only get annoyed. Probably about as annoyed as I saw Jack Capuano in the hallway.

1 comment:

Travelchic59 said...

That was the WORST officiated game I have ever been to! I've gone to some Sound Tiger games at the Arena at Harbor Yards and I have NEVER seen such horrific reffing.

I was surprised at how few people were there. 3,000 at the most. And that includes 3 busloads of Sound Tiger fans that the team bussed in from CT. I hope tomorrow is better and more people show up. I think they should have had us all move to the lower bowl. The tix they gave me for free were for my usual season tickets seats.