Saturday, April 11, 2009

Isles vs Flyers on a Rainy Sat in April

Here we are in the third, and SOG are now 29 - 23 but the Flyers are leading. Oddly, I don't seem to see the guy with the mohawk and the jersey. Well, this was a good season for some things for sure. Thanks to everyone for the support all this season. Thanks to the boys in the Blog Box for their friendship and kindness. They are very special men.

I will probably pack this up in a minute or two and just take in the last few minutes of the game to sum up my season here.

Thanks to Seth Sylvan and Corey Witt for allowing me to be part of this little experiment again this season. It's certinly worth the work I put into it. I hope you feel the same way.

Later!


So the tall FLYERS fan in front of us caught a t-shirt. Dick that he is... he's keeping it. Said he'll start a fire with it in his fireplace tonight. How nice of him.





Okay, end of 2 and they're down by one. The question is... Do we care? Um.. No. We've already won the prize in the Cracker Jack box. We're number 30.


Jackman makes it 2 - 2 with a pass from Josh Bailey and Nielsen. At least it's all even again. But I'm having too good a time at my last game up here in the blog box with the blog box boys. I'd seriously like to know why the hell blogger doesn't like spaces. It's really pissing me off.









First intermission, I had a little chat with my friends in 201. Talking about hockey, talking about softball, talking about enforcers in the NHL and what a certain Wisconsin native (my new boy Joel Rechlicz) has to do to make it in this league. Always insightful conversations with Mr. Carlson.




















Dear Sean: Thanks for taking what I said to heart. I will now not beat you with my media guide. Thank you.














That second to the last home game of the season, and Thank the Hockey Gods, there is only one Flyers bus here that made the 2 1/2 hour trek from PA.









Kyle Okposo is back in the line-up trying to get that 20 goal plateau. He may get there if he doesn't get carried off the ice hurt again.













Then there is my boy Sean. Dear Sean: If you don't score for me in this game or tomorrow, I will beat you about the ears with my media guide. Got it? Love Mom.














Dear Joel: Play smart, that's all I ask. Oh... and please pumel Knuble. Blog Box says thank you!

No comments: