Saturday, April 4, 2009

Isles vs. Tampa Bay 4/4/09

Can someone please remember to go to Wendy's and order their free Chili tomorrow! I keep blasted forgetting! Even if I don't eat it, I can always give it to Big Angry Man! Hmmm... I should probably pack it up. Islanders are on a power play and the mustic has decided to go haywire. Later for you!

9:13 pm, and once again, while my head is down, Josh Bailey scores another NHL goal!


I figured I've only got one more game here at the Coliseum, maybe I should actually take a photo of Coach Gordon. Besdies, I'm just a tad bored. Ho humm...

9:03 pm: Tambellini does have one hell of a shot! It rang so loud off the post, I think everyone woke up!

End of 2: It seems the door didn't open to the tunnel yet again and a collision and arguement ensured. It turned into a dogpile. Considering how meaningless this game is, it has become rather "chippy" wouldn't you say? Would have been nice for Doug Weight to score one more on that last shift of his. So close. Very close.

8:36 pm: Tampa scores and the lead is cut to one. Islesblogger MIKE is cheering Tampa on! But I understand.

8:30 pm: Okay then So first Radek Martinek scores the second goal of the evening on a power play and when I'm trying to figure out how to spell his freakin' name, the Wrecker gets into it with Konopka. They each get five for fighting and Joel gets an extra 2 for charging. Iggulden gets the time in the box for the Wrecker.

Interesting: Thompson gets kicked out and Fritz takes a face off. Mind you if we could end the game at the end of the first, our face off percentage would be at 50%. Better than it has been all year.

At least the Islanders kept the action in the Tampa zone, but still the score remains the same and the SOG are almost even at 12 - 13

As the second period begins: I'm looking at the stat sheet and Joel Rechlicz has already played five shifts in the first period. Also, Hillen is on the ice, so maybe it was just a skate problem before. Now, I don't know if it's because Mary St. Louis is just so short, or he just hasn't been that effective because I keep missing him even though he has had seven shifts in the first. And the Isles are on a power play at 8:13 pm, 13:23 of the 2nd. Let's see if they can do something with it.

7:44 pm: With only a few seconds left in the third, Hillen hit the ice at the blue line awkwardly for some reason. Could be a rut, could be a skate blade. He made a second attempt to get up and went down again. He limped slightly, continued to skate and went t the bench for the final 2.2 seconds. Hope he's okay. He's been getting major minutes this game. They are interviewing Jesse who had the assist on Park's goal.

7:35 pm: Big missed opportunity for Jesse as he came SO close to banging one over McKenna.
7:23 pm: It's Town Of Oyster Bay Night here. And the Town Supervisor gave a semi-thumbs up to the Lighthouse project while also promoting their brand new ice rink.

That's the one I still have a bump on my head from... ouch.

7:17 pm: And Gary tells me, THIS IS WHY WE brought him up! As big Mitch Fritz squares off with Koci. And (Nice of Wrecker to deliver his equipment to the sin bin.)


7:10 pm: 19:37 on the clock. I blinked. The puck went in the net. They're going to rush this game I see. 1 shot, 1 goal. That's another one for Richard Park. The man who was longing for playoffs.

7:05 pm: This year's winner of the Bobby Nystrom award is big #28, Tim Jackman. Congrats to him.


6:55 pm: One more reason for me to hate the fact that we don't have an audio feed in the blog box even though I can see CJ Papa doing the pregame show at ice level. Islanders Point Blank media star Chris Botta was just interviewed by CJ. I'll have to find out what he said later.

6:44 pm: So Big Angry Man said the only reason they have both Fritz and Rechlichz in the line up tonight is so they will pummel any Islander who scores a goal. he he he he...


But it was nice to hear the crowd up at the glass chant "Wrecker! Wrecker!" He IS a fan favorite.

Well, we are down to the wire here at the Coliseum. Tonight there are two teams vying for... absolute LAST place. So far, the Islanders are winning that battle. But in my estimation, I think the boys from the Palm Tree state would love to have that dubious distinction.

I had an odd thought about it. Suppose they want it so bad, they decide to pull their goalie ... for the whole game? Or maybe send three players out blind folded? Come on? It would be funny.

But one man who won't be on the Coliseum ice tonight is Tampa super star Vinny Lecavalier, much to the dismay of many female fan.

There are FIVE Sound Tiger call ups for tonight's game; Fraser, Fritz, Iggulden, Joensuu and Rechlicz. This is where the "system" comes in handy. Doesn't it?







No comments: