Thursday, July 23, 2009

100 Years of Goalies.. and Counting

WTF? Can I just go to a damn concert without the NY Islanders doing SOMETHING to surprise me? Do I have to be on the internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so I don't miss anything?

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE MY GOD DAMN NYI MOBILE ALERT WAS WHEN THIS HAPPENED??? CAN YOU???

UUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Okay, so Garth Snow went shopping and came home with another Goalie that had a price tag he couldn't pass up. Maybe the new strategy will be to put six goalies and Tavares on the ice. I can't tell.

Okay, article up at HockeyBuzz.

3 comments:

Travelchic59 said...

Your Mobil Alerts went the way of Chris Botta, Corey Witt, Islanders Illustrated, Chris King, Steve Mears and our radio broadcasts. Have I missed anything/anyone? Get used to it. I think it's only going to get worse. I've about had it with the cutbacks. It's business, but then there's also cutting your nose to spite your face.

Oliver said...

Mannino was signed by the Thrashers as an unrestricted free agent on the 5th of this month. I just found this info on the Tsn Website by going to the Islanders roster and clicking on his name. I guess we all missed this one and thus we only have two goalies down on the farm - as such the Biron signing fills an actual need.

TheMetalChick said...

Travelchic59: Off the top of my head you forgot Pregame/Postgame shows and CJ Papa... but I bet theres more.

And Oliver, that Mannino was not coming back has been known for some time- I remember Chris Botta talking about it months ago. However, the Isles are definitely NOT short of goalies down on the farm... there are now ten goalies in this organization in total. As of right now there are at least three that are slotted for Bridgeport- Munroe, Koskinen, and Lawson. DiPietro, Roloson, and Biron are slotted for the NHL. Nilsson, Ridderwall, Poulin, and Weslosky are all still in developmental leagues/Europe.