Monday, August 31, 2009

HEY! T o H! OCT 3RD IS LOOMING LARGE!


As I'm going through my calendar and trying to write in everything for the upcoming fall and hockey season, there's a date I still haven't been alerted to.

Hey! Town of Hempstead! WHERE IS THE DATE FOR THE REZONING HEARING FOR THE LIGHTHOUSE???

I'd like to put this on my calendar so I can attend! I know you better, you'll schedule it for a workday afternoon so that it will be difficult for us average worker-bees to attend. So I need a little lead time here!

This all started because of a certain Tweet today that made the ominous statement "Islanders' Oct. 3 deadline for Lighthouse "certainty" won't be met."

Why won't it be met? Things were going so well on August 4th! Don't you remember? The smiles! The photos! The march to the theater. Good times!

It's been 27 days? WHAT'S THE PROBLEM HERE??? What's with the political foot dragging? How close do you want to cut this fight Kate Murray? Where is the noise from the Nassau County Executive?

What? He can't get a rezoning hearing scheduled? What happened to the Governor's request to fast track this project? Is there a question about what constitutes "fast"?

In light of the fact that the Islanders' lease expires in 2015 and I am now wondering how long it will be before the NHL and the NHLPA are at odds again, I'd seriously like to see where the Lighthouse project is going. And like NOW!

Tomorrow is the first day of September. My Islanders hockey season has started on September 2nd for the last 10 years. So as an Islanders fan, a hockey fan and a native Long Islander, I'd like an answer... PRONTO!

WHEN IS THE REZONING HEARING FOR THE LIGHTHOUSE LI PROJECT?

WHEN?

1 comment:

Don said...

According to the Town of Hempstead 2009 calendar that my tax dollars paid for, the next Board of Zoning meeting is scheduled for 10/22 at 1pm. Call 812-3005 to confirm dates.

You know, I always wondered if I was the only cheapskate who kept and used those calendars... :)