Friday, September 25, 2009

Isles Cuts & One & One with Biron

Good Morning. Today Newsday reported the latest round of Islanders cuts: Marcinko, Matt Martin, Dustin Kohn, Brett Westgarth, Scott Munroe, Greg Mauldin and quite surprisingly for the Big Angry Man, Michael Haley. All have been assigned to Bridgeport to work with Jack Capuano and learn the system so they are ready to be calledup at any time.

I'm guessing the enforcer job that a lot of them have been auditioning for is the Wrecker's to lose. I'm sure he'll work hard at keeping it. Matt Moulson and his four goals in as many games, looks like he's sticking around and I keep thinking that maybe Calvin deHaan will get the break of his life and stay on the Island or will he go back to Juniors? Has it happened already and I missed it? Hmmmm we'll see.

Meanwhile, late last night I put together a little piece on my three minutes alone with veteran goaltender Marty Biron. Okay, I really wasn't ALONE with him, but while everyone else in the locker room was crowded around John Tavares after his first game in Uniondale, I quietly wandered off to the corner to talk to Biron. It didn't last long of course. Because as soon as they saw I had his attention and was getting a one on one, the gravitational pull kicked in and suddenly that side of the room began to tilt.

Okay, so check it out and have a wonderful Friday.

B to myself

No comments: