Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Hockey Season Starts Today


Because I can.
And also because September always signals the start of Fall, School, my daughter's birthday and NHL training camps.

On my eleventh wedding anniversary, my husband gave me one of my favorite gifts; an Islanders logo necklace with a gold "55" hanging from it. Since I had become Jason Blake's biggest fan (Or "one true fan" as Alan Hahn had called me that year) he thought it was appropriate.

I've used that necklace and September 2nd as an excuse to start my hockey season early every year since then. Even though that "55" means nothing on the Islanders any longer, I can't part with it. It's become part of the fabric of my hockey life.

So Happy Birthday Jason Blake! Drop the puck and let's get this season started!

No comments: