Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Meeting? What Meeting??


Like all others interested in the Lighthouse Project, I read with interest what is reported in various outlets. But today, it was a media BLITZ.
Newsday reported that a meeting with the developers will happen. Then I heard a radio report that a meeting may be today or tomorrow. Then on XM's NHL Live Jim Dowd said the meeting would be today or tomorrow if it hasn't already happened! And lastly, some Internet outlets are reporting that meetings have already taken place that we do not know about.
WOW!! So something is getting done? Right?
Okay, so can anyone please CONFIRM these meetings?
Granted, I'm not a reporter (as I have been told on more than one occasion.) but I can certainly use a telephone and email. So far I have not been able to get ANY confirmation of a meeting set to happen or any that have ALREADY happened from ANYONE.
Can someone please supply the faithful with some shred of evidence regarding these said meetings that have taken place or WILL take place today? Are there minutes? Photos? Phone records? Security sign in sheets? SOMETHING other than someone told someone in the know who then reported it to feed to the public.
A little PROOF goes a long way. But sadly bullshit spreads like peanut butter.... and everyone eats it up.
Oh... and I've had an article waiting for the right moment to post on Islanders head coach Scott Gordon. I've posted it at http://www.hockeybuzz.com/ if you're interested in actual hockey talk.

1 comment:

FAUX RUMORS said...

In cases like these, No news, is GOOD news, no?