Friday, October 16, 2009

"Words" & Music



I took a break last night from hockey and the Islanders real estate drama and headed to the Boulton Center in Bay Shore to see my favorite blues guitarist, Mato Nanji of Indigenous. I was so close to the stage, I could smell the amplifiers. I was told that's called "Tubey goodness." It was two hours of me sitting in the front row in complete awe is what it was.





If you ever loved Hendrix, Stevie Ray or Johnny Lang, then you have to check this guy out. He's a gift from the heavens. Check him out at indigenousmusic.net or myspace.com/indigenousrocks There are also some great YouTube videos of him and his band. I did a video with my camera last night, but I was SO damn close to the speaker that the sound quality is poor.





The "words" this morning come from the Garden City News, and thanks to @isleschick for always finding these things so early in the morning. This article relates to a recent meeting of the Garden City Eastern Property's Owners Association and their discussions and feelings on the Lighthouse project. You may find some of it interesting. I thought it bounced around a little, but it gave me some insight and unknown details into their thoughts.





Did anyone know that this owners association has control over the Omni property? I didn't.





It also discusses the Water consultant issue that makes it unclear who can be trusted. It's just interesting to see information and misinformation all in the same article.





Newsday's article today regarding Kate's request to Charles Wang, "Let's Talk" flies in the face of his request to keep communications out of the papers. Sorry, but I have to laugh at that. Asking a politican to keep things out of the paper so close to the election is like asking a five year old not to eat the last chocolate chip cookie. You know damn well when you turn your back on him it's gone.





So what do we do? Well, if you're a Town of Hempstead resident, you come out and vote for Town Supervisor. Kate Murray has had the position for a few years now. Perhaps it's time to give someone else a shot that can work better with the County Executive.





Kristen McElroy's website is up and running. You can check it out here. As every other socially connected person is, she's also on facebook and Twitter.



We have an Islanders vs. Sabres match-up on this rainy, cold Friday. I'm not going to hold my hopes too high for this evening. Whatever they can do with this game, fine. But at least I get to wear my colors to work today just to be supportive.

Later all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you believe a girl is reading about hockey. :) LOL


my mandie reed website