Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday at the Barn


3:08, Chance after chance as the crowd now chants DEFENSE! Hillen has so great chances rushing the puck down ice and park has made great clears.

5:36: And as if it couldn't get any worse... it does. Andy Sutten gets 4 minutes for highsticking adn we're going to 5 on 3. That time of the game that Roloson wants to beat someone with his goalie stick. Give the guy a break fellas. Would you??

6:08: and Hillen takes another penalty that put the Isles back on the PK. Park gets another chance at a shorty but like everyone else today, shoots wide. PS these are the most uncomfortable seats on the planet. Just saying.

:00 even: and the Isles have double up on their shots against the Pens, but that didn't matter as one quick rush and it was in the net behind Roloson. 2 - 1 Pens.

14:31 of the 2nd: Note to self: NEVER LEAVE THE PRESS-BOX. NEVER LEAVE THE PRESS BOX!! OMG!!! It was nuts on the concourse. I couldn't get anywhere. And the lines for the bathrooms stretched past three gates. This is terrible. But I guess that also means it's a larger crowd than I thought.

Even bigger news in the press box lounge, besides the Home made chicken soup and awesome carrot cake is the news of a hospitalized Tiger Woods car crash and hospitalization. See what happens when you CHEAT ON YOUR WIFE TIGER??? Karma.

So I missed a few rushes here and there while I was shoving carrot cake in my face and watching the news about Woods. Let's see who gets the next goal. The Isles have 11 Takeaways so far, but they also have 10 GIVEaways. Gotta do better than that.

End of First: SOG 9 -7 in favor of the Isles and they are all tied up at one. Okay. I need to search the coliseum for those Hockey Fights Cancer keyring lights. They make great stocking stuffers.

2:38: Pens tie it up at 1 with Malkin getting the unassisted goal. I told you guys to keep the freakin' puck away from him! Did you listen? No. See what happens?

3:08: After killing off another penalty the Isles still haven't been able to make it 2 -0 as Park just hit the post with a clang.

6:31: With an unfortunate giveaway by JT the puck ends up behind Roloson and Hillen takes an illtimed penalty. Back on the Penalty Kill boys.

Okay, so there's a guy up here who I would have sworn was Goddard, but he's on the bench.... right? Who is this guy?

10:40: Josh Bailey makes it 1-0 by being in the right place at the right time. Now the Isles go on a power play with a penalty on Orpik for holding. Let's see if they can make it 2 - 0.

11:46: They say it is better to be lucky than good. So far the Islanders have been very lucky. The post and boards just wide of the nets have seen the most action. And #NotoriousNateThompson had two great chances, but it's still 0 - 0.

16:48 and both Sutton and Malkin take penalties. The teams are still at even strength. Somthing tells me this is going to be one of those games that stops every few minutes. It's gonna be a long afternoon at the barn.


Okay, that was fast, I didn't even have time to look up from my keyboard as the pucks dropped and there was a fight between Jackman and #5 Engelland. Um, Who is that? I thought Goddard was their fighter. Not quite sure who was setting the tone for whom there. But at least the flurry of activity seems to be in the Pens zone as the Isles have missed the net more than a few times and the game is only 2 minutes old.

I'd still be shopping if my credit card wasn't singed at the edges. I shopped so much in a short period of time, my bank actually called me to make sure it was me. If that doesn't say "slow down" I don't know what does.

So here I am high above the ice waiting for the puck to drop as #91 faces #87 to see who goes home with two very important points. The Penguins have a very impressive record of 17-8-0 while the Isles are 9-9-7, just at that .500 mark. The loss will push them down and may push Scott Gordon off the ledge.

Who will shop up today?

No comments: