Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Countdown To Thanksgiving With The Isles

5:27: Damn If Brian wasn't right. Flyers take the lead on a bad turnover by Nielsen as he shot to the point and no one was home. I think I'll pack up. Metting Anthony downstairs for a quick Off The Rush post game. Later!

6:22: Things I can't say out loud in the press box: GET THE FUCKING PUCK OUT OF THE ZONE NOW!!! & ANDY! HIT SOMEONE!

8:47: So Brian from the Fourth Period just told me we are two minutes away from something bad happening. I said, What? Is that an educated guess or a premonition. He said to me "Sometimes I wonder if you've ever actually watched this team." Okay, so I laughed. I told him I just watch them differently. He told me to try with my eyes open. If he wasn't laughing, I'd think he was dissing me. Friday, I'm putting gum on his seat. Take that Brian!!

Okay... that hit on Kyle Okposo by Nodl shook the glass so hard, even the NHL guys got scared. I had to stand up and look. It rattled!

YIKES KYLE!!!

15:42: I don't even know where to look! There are three skirmishes! Ahhh pookey.. Nothing comes of it.

17:01 of the third: SOG now 28 - 17 in favor ofthe Isles and we still can't get an insurance goal here. Biron has to stay sharp and let his team mates get toward the other end of the ice... PLEASE

30 seconds left: And now it's 1 - 1 as the penalty kill doesn't quite do it's job this time with Witt in the box. Hartnell was in Marty's paint and he couldn't see the shot coming. But there's hope as the Islanders will have a 1:44 powerplay coming out for the third.

And the Isles go back on the power play! They've converted once. Let's see if they can do it again as Bartulis sits for tw minutes.

9:32 left in the third and SOG are now 25 - 12. Lots of chances for the Isles and a beauty by Bergenheim that just flew threw the paint. Freddie Meyer made his presence known by eeping the puck in while down on the ice.

Biron actually checked #17, Jeff Carter behind his net. THe NHL guys in front of me are stunned. ha ha. Good for you Marty! Do it again,... do it again.

Okay, I'm downstairs at Doolan's, the place with no chairs any more, Standing Room Only and not because it's crowded, and who do we see? Kevin Connolly and his boyz. @ACHockeyGuy couldn't help but ask for a photo.
Tavares steals the puck and heads down ice. He gets stripped of it, gets it back gives it to Hillen whose shot is blocked and Moulson gets the rebound. Sadly... He didn't get his TWELVETH goal on that one. I wish he did. Oh look... Icegirsl and Birthday wishes on the Jumbotron.







I have to say, while the crowd may be sparse, everyone's in one hell of a good mood. I suppose a four day weekend will do that to people. There are a lot of people in the executive suites tonight. Far more than normal.







There was a Robbie Schremp in an Islanders sweater sighting during warm ups. I almost passed out





And according to my sheet here, Scremp again is scratched along with Comeau. They are playing cards somwhere in the barn.





Okay, some nice chances down in the Flyers end of the ice as the Islander shave peppered Boucher with six shots already with 15:43 left of the first.





I've amazed myself. After like two years with this little Cannon powershot, I finally found out that the Kids & Dogs setting is for action shots. Nice Dee. Idiot.





Nice shot by Sreit from the left of the net, but no early goal for him.





Brendan Witt and Laperriere get into it and we give the decision to Witt. Take out your frustration on a Flyer Brendan.








There were shots fired at Biron and some open nets missed. And then Hartnell takes a penalty behind the net to put the Isles on a power play. You know that thing they haven't been able to convert on. But tonight, Trenty Hunter is in perfect position as he smacks the puck behind Boucher as he's not looking. Nice.








Nice work out there by Hillen and Thompson but a missed wide open net by Nielsen. Boo hiss. We need insurance before the second. SOG now 15 - 8. It's not like they're not trying.





Thompson won his decision too I'd say.





Okay, I'm downstairs at Doolan's, the place with no chairs any more, Standing Room Only and not because it's crowded, and who do we see? Kevin Connolly and his boyz. @ACHockeyGuy couldn't help but ask for a photo.





Tavares steals the puck and heads down ice. He gets stripped of it, gets it back gives it to Hillen whose shot is blocked and Moulson gets the rebound. Sadly... He didn't get his TWELVETH goal on that one. I wish he did. Oh look... Icegirsl and Birthday wishes on the Jumbotron.

No comments: