Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Home & Home With the Enemy

It's 11 pm. Do you know where your blogger is??? Just sitting down!!

These are the games that Dwayne Roloson eluded to in the post game after the dreadful 7-1 loss. He said maybe all eyes were on the Rangers games and not on the game they were actually playing. Personally, I doubt that. But he said what he felt at the time, and that's just fine.

I've had my mind on these games as well. I don't like Ranger games. However, it seems that things are just a little different this season. I haven't been paying that much attention to them, so I decided to get some expert advice from the Ranger fans in my office. I got an earful.

When I asked what I should expect from the Rangers I was told "A team that demonstrates how NOT to play hockey."

What? These are die-hard fans I'm talking to. "So, what's the problem?" I asked. "Everything." I begged them to narrow it down a little so I would have something to discuss.

"Lunquist." I started writing. "Lunquist saved them for the last few years when they actually stunk." (Please don't start yelling at me Ranger fans. This is EXACTLY what he told me.) "So now that he's only just 'good' and they're losing the low scoring games, their flaws are obvious. I didn't think it would happen, but shooters have solved Lunquist."

And then he told me a secret. Listen up NY Islanders! Hey Matt! You want #16 tomorrow? "Shoot high every time. You can't beat him low. He's best at the bottom of the net,"

Got that guys? They've also been accused of letting Lunquist get knocked around without doing anything. That may change the next two days. But we really don't have aheavy hitter in the line-up and Avery will just be is annoying self and Brashere may go looking for a fight, but who will he pick on?

So according to their fans, the Rangers don't capitalize on the mistakes of their opponents. And boy oh boy, did the Islanders make mistakes on Monday. They better play a far more disciplined game with better puck decisions or they will be one of the few teams the Rangers can beat. And we CERTAINLY don't want that.

I didn't make it to the rink today as I just have too much to do with the upcoming holidays and a condensed work schedule. I got my news about practice from the same source eveyone else does.

There was no on ice practice, but a lot of one on one discussions. I can only hope Gordon read a few of them the riot act. Hillen was limping again. And I'm not surprised at all. He probably shouldn't have played yesterday. But, who am I to say it. Reports also had Park limping out and Martinek walking comfortably.

Jesse Joensuu reminded the reporter he was with the team for their 9 - 0 loss to Carolina too. Is he the jinx? Nah.

The Islanders have to remember how to play their game and not mail these two in. Actually, they shouldn't mail any game in. The points are too close and there is too much at stake. Hopefully Scott Gordon won't pop a blood vessel or something and walk out of MSG with two points.

Boy... wouldn't that be sweet??
He also said they are a reactive team and not a proactive team and that they

1 comment:

~me said...

you are getting way too much hockey knowledge!!! YOU sounds like YOU know what your talking about!

amazing how we don't freak out on the ranger games like we used to! to know I can walk in the ol'barn or the garden and be protected...is pretty cool

we have to get together soon ( and I mean before Christas EVE)...because its going to be crazy with the holiday, hockey and parties and ONE big MILESTONE done with ...it will be a Wonderful Christmas filled with family and grandbabies- even a new one!

and then Christmas Eve with YOU!!!!!!