Monday, November 1, 2010

Isles vs. Flyers Aftermath

2:01 pm: Good News/Bad News Dept. The good news is that Danny Briere did receive a 3 game suspension for his hit on Fans Nielsen. He will not be playing in Saturday's tilt at the barn. At least it proves that the League DOES want to do something about head shots.
Off to charity with the pink pads!
Did Danny tell Colin Campbell the same thing he told reporters after Saturday's game? "What? I didn't do anything." Yeah, right! Bad news: Milan Jurcina will be out 2 - 4 weeks with his hamstring injury. (just great.)

More good news, Rob Schremp will be available to play on Wednesday in Carolina. YEAH! Sort of bad news: In order to make room for Rob, Jon Sim has been placed on waivers in order to clear to be sent to Bridgeport.


8 am: I am anxiously awaiting the results of the 10 am phone call from the league to Danny Briere regarding Saturday's game. If the league is serious about limiting head shots, I am hoping they prove it.

I am however, a little disappointed in this article I found by Chuck Gormly. The word that bothers me the most is "allegedly."




Danny Briere, who will undergo a 10 a.m. hearing with NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell for allegedly cross-checking Islanders forward Frans Nielsen with 1 minute left in the Flyers' win Saturday night.


Watch the tape. See if there is any question in your mind. I don't care what Frans said to Briere. A two handed stick to the helmet is not the appropriate response.

Also according to Mr. Gormly,




Andrej Meszaros suffered a head injury when he was driven into the boards by Islanders forward Trent Hunter and right wing Andreas Nodl is questionable for tonight with a shoulder injury that occurred when he careened into the boards.


I had asked around yesterday as to whether this meant that Trent Hunter would receive the same type of phone call. Most people felt the call was in error. But reading that Meszaros may miss time on the ice, I'm wondering if something may happen on that front.


This ugliness will likely spill over to Saturday's game at the barn. I'm hoping that cooler heads prevail and that no more injuries out of anger are sustained.

Also, I'd like to wish a very happy Birthday to Matt Moulson. One of my absolute favorite gentlemen any where.

No comments: