Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Luck of the Lottery & Jack Stays.


nce again, the NY Islanders will be one of the five teams in the TSN studios waiting for Bill Daly to hold up a card with their name to say where they fall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

This will be the last time for a while the NY Islanders will have a seat on the panel. They have no intention of making this an annual event. After this year, they're done with being out of the playoffs and done with coming in at the bottom of the standings.

So, thoughts on what to do with that pick here at Hockeybuzz.com.

I'm guessing they come in third. Good question by a commentor. Can they GET to third? In all honesty the entire lottery process confuses the crap out of me! All I know is they want to make sure no one tanks in order to just pick 1st overall. Like anyone would do that to begin with!

And I know I have like 20 different interviews I can write something about from Sunday, but in all honesty, I'm a little uninspired and sad. So, I will get around to them. I will. I have a lot to say, of course, and we'll have plenty of time to talk about it.

10:34 am: Official announcement that Jack Capuano will remain behind the bench of the NY Islanders for next season. Duh.
But right now... there's that thing called 'work.'

1 comment:

Always22 said...

Are you sure they can draft third? I thought they can only move up to first (or move back to fifth if someone behinds them wins).