Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Another Lobster Recipe

After buying four lobsters on Friday from Uncle G's at only $4.99 a lb, I knew I wanted to do the most with them. So I steamed them all and pulled them apart into piles of meat and then just thought about it. On Saturday I made lobster won tons. On Sunday I made lobster & brie puffs as an appetizer. On Monday I made one lobster omelette and two lobster salad melts on bialys. On Tuesday, with one lobster tail and two claws and a few scraps left over I came up with this: Chicken breast stuffed with lobster, ham, swiss and roasted asparagus. Share photos on twitter with Twitpic I think Progresso's new Meal Starters are excellent and I can do so much with the basil parmesean cream sauce. So after I rolled up wthe pounded chicken breasts with all the ingredients, I took my husbands advice and tried using spaghetti instead of twine or toothpicks to hold the rolls together. I poked the hole through before putting the pasta through in order to make sure I didn't break the pasta, but damn... I didn't think it would work and it did! I fried the rolls first just to brown them a little and then put them in a frying pan with the sauce and added some frozen peas. Covered and simmered for about 25 minutes, the pasta melted after holding the rolls together and it was perfect. Share photos on twitter with Twitpic I boiled some pasta and put the rest of the sauce over that with more shredded swiss cheese and I had a lovely, elegant and rich meal for the two of us. The inside of chicken & lobster on Twitpic

No comments: