Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nirvana on my Laptop: The Launch of NHL Network On Line

During my lunch break, while listening to NHL Live on line, I was surfing through my favorite hockey sites, and came across this article on our own Islanders tem website. (http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=359838) And then I wondered… HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS???

I quickly went to NHL.com and there it was at the top, the NEW NHL Network On Line. I clicked on the link and it was as if I just opened the last Christmas present under the tree, the big one, with my name on it. The design is striking, the content amazing and the fact that I could actually WATCH the NHL Live show that I’ve been listening to faithfully for years, just made me giddy.

And then I thought about it… I’m going to get fired. I’m never going to work again!!! How can I have this accessibility while I’m supposed to be working? It’s one thing to just be listening, it’s another to want to WATCH, and watch I did.

Sleek, crisp and well produced, I clicked through category to category in sheer amazement. There are seven button choices Game highlights, Podcasts, NHL Radio, a Playoffs Channel, Livewire which is the live feed where NHL Live can be seen daily from noon - 2 pm, and NHL Productions Presents. This is simply Hockey Heaven. Archives filled with content I have never seen; Podcast archives of radio shows I’ve missed. I could have cried.

I immediately contacted ITV VP extraordinaire, Josh Bernstein, to tell him how amazing this was and he asked me if the feed was ‘choppy’. Nope, it was beautifully clear and perfect. “Our site will look like that soon enough.” he told me.

BE STILL MY HEART!! I can’t take this! This is like crack for a puck junkie like me. What can I say except…?
THANK YOU NHL!! THANK YOU NEULION!!

Check it out, and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee, isn't this GREAT!!!! I just got back from vacation and tuned in for the first time again on Wednesday. I am in HEAVEN! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE watching Don and EJ live. Only problem is this makes it really difficult to go out to lunch on nice days. Though I could take a walk over to the store myself as I work right on 42nd and 7th. But this WONDERFUL!!

7th Woman said...

Mary! I'm so JEALOUS!!! If I worked close to the NHL store, I'd be late back from lunch every day!!! I've got to get into the city one day. I really do.