Friday, February 11, 2011

Isles 9 Pens 3 In a Game to Remember


Okay, I'm home and I'll say I'm in the minority. I wasn't happy with the game. Perhaps it's my lack of testosterone or my neophyte status as a fan, but I felt the game got out of hand.


While the scoring was remarkable; nine goals for the NY Islanders, the penalty minutes tell the story. A total of 183 penalty minutes for the Islanders and 163 for the Pens. There were SIX misconducts and five GAME misconducts issued to the Islanders squad. The Penguins had four misconducts and six GAME misconducts.


Yep, NHL disciplinarian Campbell will be very busy sorting this out. Eric Godard was the worst for the Penguins with a total of 31 minutes. Michael Haley, in his first NHL game has 39 penalty minutes and his first NHL goal.

According to @MikeCorrigan on Twitter, there will be suspensions and fines in abundance including a suspension and fine on Dan Blysma. Also, he mentions Eric Tangradi who fought with Trevor Gillies has a concussion. It looked that way.

Wonder how many injuries the Isles will report tomorrow.

Let's just put it this way. The goals were pretty. The fights were not.

More tomorrow. I need sleep


Few things: Congrats to Grabner on his point streak. Congrats to Matt Moulson on being "back on track." and donating so much to the Isles Children's Charities.

Bruno Gervais was hit with a puck in the leg and didn't seem comfortable. Wonder if he'll be the next on the IR.

and lastly -- things were so bad they had to put the iron gate across to separate the dressing rooms. It looked like that scene in Titanic where they gated off steerage. Yeah. Things were THAT bad at the barn tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Back in the day separating some teams was the prudent thing to do. (I guess that gate hasn't been used recently.) While the game was a mess of penalties, I'm glad people got to see the camaraderie and passion of this team. The Islanders are tired of being the whipping boys of the NHL. My son was there and said it was the best game he ever saw. I'm sorry I missed it.