Friday, March 4, 2011

DiBo: "Just part of the game."

I really agonized over writing a post about Wednesday's game against the Wild and the much talked about Trevor Gillies hit. Part of me didn't want to get involved in the firestorm once again and part didn't know how to express my own tortured feelings about it.

Of course, I don't want to see any player get seriously hurt, no matter what jersey he wears. And in the instances on Wednesday, there were TWO players who could have been seriously hurt, but no one is really speaking about the first one.

I spent some time talking to people involved in the game as well as other fans, this is what I came up with.

Trevor Gillies will have a hearing today to see what fate the league hands down to him. I wish him luck. He's a good man, a good father and a good team mate. He's just not the best opponent.

While so many say there is no place for guys like him in the league, I have to disagree. While Trevor Gillies may be as far from a highly skilled hockey player as I am from being a pulitzer prize winning journalist, that doesn't mean we both don't do our jobs with passion and devotion. It's all just part of the game.

No comments: