Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tonight... I'm Tom..

I guess I am! Here I am first night back and where's my Blog Box Buddy, Live Blogger guru Tom Liodice? I DON'T KNOW!!! Wow.... This table is BIG when you're all alone.

Someone better show up or I'm getting IslanderQueen to sit with me, and anyone else I know here. Warm ups... nothing special. Although Comrie was yucking it up with Spezza.

Hey Webby, I've got a great view of Deb from here. Are ya jealous?

Trying to resist the temptation to start doing work from here since I"m not doing too much else. Oh! Look! It passed.

Tonight I prove to Corey Witt that you never throw a challenge at an older woman. Can't wear all orange to a game, eh? Didn't think they made Italian suits in this color did ya? Neither did I. And as long as no one stands behind me if I sneeze, we're good. European sizes are, lets say.... SMALLER, so the button on my skirt could jetizon off and take someone's eye out. I'll just hold my breath for 2 hours.

Gee, I'm so upset. Emery isn't playing. How my heart breaks for him.... NOT. I love Bruce Garrioch's headline from the Ottawa Sun "Emery Craps Out." Well, it makes sense doesn't it?

Jason Schoenberger just sang the Star Spangled Banner. He was very good, but I must be under the speakers. My ears are bleeding.

Typical Tuesday evening crowd -- light. I can actually hear conversations going on above me.

Sorry Alfie, you don't get to score yet.

I just noticed Aaron Johnson is out there tonight. Cool. Let's see if he can get some energy going for them.
Ricky's getting yelled at to stay in the net. Too bad it's not coming form the bench.

Bruno takes a penalty for hooking and ruins a great chance for Comrie. Ok, so that time it wasn't Mike's fault. He might have been able to make something of that.

Hang your head in shame, Bruno. You just cost the first goal. Shots are only Isles 2 - Sens 5, and they've got one... and we don't. (Just for you Gary.)

Make that TWO goals on six shots. I told ya they don't play well after a long layover. But it IS early. We'll see.

Should I try it again... "Hey! Sean! Any Game Now. You've only got two."

If anyone would like to play the numbers, the Ottawa goals were scored by: 14 - 19 - 11, and the seocnd one was: 4 - 20 - 10. Where's the Lotto lady? Just kidding.

Mike Carey from Islanders 360 joined me at the table. And they say chivalry is dead? Not with these guys. I also found out that Tom is attending a wake and Islesblogger.com Mike has had a death in the family. My condolences to both, now if someone can give me one more, the Italian "death comes in threes" thing will be done.

Almost Sean... Try again.

Trent left a puck for Blake (sigh) but the rocket shot went wide.

Frustration setting in with under 2 min left, I've never head the bench door slam so loudly before.

(don't you wish Tom was here??? I sure do!)

Did they luck out as #20 takes a penalty for tripping? Let's hope.

Nope. Back to the locker room down two. Gentlemen, have a nice chat with Teddy.
Be back in a few.

So, even with the poor showing in the first period, the merchandise stands have people around them. Nice to see.
So Berard takes a hooking penalty almost immediately. Will we be down by 3 soon?

Exactly what was the reason I chose NOT to drink tonight? I don't know. But too late now. I guess I'll just have coffee and be awake.

Berard springs from the box and takes a shot, somwhere toward the tunnel.

Do I seem cranky? I think I am. And I wasn't to start this day. I was in a really god mood. I'm starting to feel like this is a segment of 2 minutes inside a woman's head. Now if there was something actually going on on the ice, I wouldn't be wandering off so.

Silly passed to Hunter, but Hunter was no where to be found.

Sorry for the delay there, but CJ Pappa stopped by the Blog Box with the camera crew to do a little interveiw. Bet you're REALLY sorry you missed tonight NOW Tommy BOY!
Wait a second!!
SEAN!!! THAT'S THREE!!!! **** CORRECTION FOUR! (I must have missed one!)
Thank you!!
Ok. So CJ was telling me that he's headed out to Arizona for the big game to cover it for Channel 55. I hope you feel better by tomorrow CJ, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way.

Oh look, another penalty on the Islanders. Radek, in the box. I won't lie... I'm just happy Sean scored! And someone in 305 got a signed puck from him. Mike Carey just said it isn't far, I could go beat them for it. he he he.. tempting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the live updates! Watching the OSU hoops game on ESPN also.

-Jimmy14

Islanders Outsider said...

How about that for something going on, Dee? Bergie!

7th Woman said...

I KNOW!!! I'M SO HAPPY NOW!! I guess now and then, when I yell at him... It works! Too bad it doesn't work on my DAUGHTER!!!

Anonymous said...

now i know why i didnt get extra text messages...xoxox