Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baseball's All-Star Game - all nighter


Baseball....Better than a tranquilizer.

I will say, I really enjoyed the whole night of coverage for Baseball's big event honoring Yankee Stadium and the greats of the game. It was far better than I would have expected. But this is NY, and NY does everything better than everyone else.

From the concerts to the tributes to the parade, everything was just beautiful and perfect.* And then there was the game... that went on forever... and ever... and ever... I finally passed out at 11:45 pm and woke up to Big Angry Man coming home at 1:50 am as I opened one eye and noticed that Fox 5 was just winding up their coverage after a 15 inning outing.
If a hockey game ever lasts from 8:30 pm til almost 2 am, there'd be ambulances lining up in the street. No one would survive.

It was wonderful... and I'm glad it's done.

*wonder what part Chris Botta was involved with... the band choices? Hmm... no. Then we would have seen Bruce instead of Josh Groban and 3 Doors Down.


No comments: