Wednesday, July 16, 2008

DONE DEAL!! 7-16-08 Sean Gets 2 Years


And I get a new number for my necklace.


I was heartsick taking that "55" off that Islander logo. I'm a little LESS heartsick now that I can go buy a "20" for it.


He finally listened, and we were right. Remove the agent, find the deal. Certainly Gandler was telling him how much he could make "elsewhere." But if Snow thought "a half a million dollars is a lot of money," then he certainly believes that $800,000 and $925,000 respectively is a lot of money even adjusting for the new economy on the Island.


And to celebrate his gain, he gives back to Islanders Inspire children's charity. How can you just not love this man? He is everything we WANT on this team and on the Island. He will make us proud, I promise.


And I see someone at the Islanders organization decided they didn't want to hear me again for not mentioning that Sean TOO was their FIRST ROUND choice, and 22nd overall in the 2002 Entry Draft. All the other new puppies get all the attention. But Sean was also at the top of the deck, and that shouldn't be forgotten. Okay, well I don't forget it. But that's me.


Thanks Garth, you made my day. Thanks to Greg Logan for announcing it before the website did, and thanks to my NYIC buddies who KNEW I would want to know immediately and made sure that I did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also very happy!!!! He's my new Sean!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, Dee. I AM SO HAPPY. I would have been one p*ssed off person if this kid was allowed to get away. At least now I have something to look forward to next season.