Tuesday, August 12, 2008

In The News - 8-12-08


Mixed into my morning paper, my tea-time web surfing and my Early Show viewing today (that's called multi-tasking at it's finest there!) I was attracted to the following stories:


1) Java Junkies rejoice! A new study proves that just the smell of brewed coffee can wake up a rat's brain that has been sleep deprived. They paid to do a study on that? I could have told them that during my daughter's first year of life when she never wanted to let me sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. If the coffee went on in the kitchen, the smell would wake me and immediately draw me like a zombie to the counter. It also explains why people walk into the break room like death and walk out smiling.


2) Trekkies Rejoice! HA! My grandmother used to be so upset with me watching Star Trek when I was really, really young. She said it would give me nightmares. Who would have thought that all the outlandish "science fiction" created on a sound stage for very little money would be the basis for so many government projects and high tech necessities. Someone did. So now they are working on a cloaking device. It's about time! I've had one in my office for years. When you work in one place for too long and have an office in a closet, you can remain invisible for years. I know I was. I was recently moved to the front office area, I may have to sign up to be a beta test for that cloaking device. Too many people can see me now. "Dee, I can't find Jovana, can you make some copies for me?" "Dee, I've got to run to the back, can you answer the phone for me?" "Dee, can you help me with the Fed Ex machine, it's not working." There's a LOT to be said about being invisible!!


3) John Edwards had an affair! Tell him to take a number. What good looking, younger politician with a big ego hasn't? This isn't news people, it's life.


4) In other News.... The NY Islanders STILL don't have a head coach. And I'm hoping we won't get an answer today because I'm heading to the dentist in an hour and will be down for the count for a few days I'm sure.


Yeah, yeah, Islanders Country can rejoice. Dee will actually be speechless for a day or so. Enjoy it now.


Later all.

3 comments:

islesblogger said...

It's also Mike's birthday and he want's a coach for a gift!

Unfortunately, if a presser is called - I will be in East Hampton, as that is where I am headed at the moment.

7th Woman said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!!
Sorry! That IS news worthy too! Hope you have a wonderful day and a healthy and happy year.

Anonymous said...

John Edwards had an affair! Tell him to take a number. What good looking, younger politician with a big ego hasn't? This isn't news people, it's life.

AND LIFE AS I KNOW IT CONTINUES TO SPIRAL DOWNHILL.CLASS GUY WIFE WITH TERMINAL CANCER AND HE CHEATS ON HER. TOO BAD THE EXPERT DIDNT REALIZE WHEN HE WAS SCREWING THE HELP HE WAS ALSO DOING THE SAME TO HIS POLITICAL CAREER. PAYBACKS ARE A BITCH