Tuesday, August 12, 2008

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE 8-12-08

So Islesblogger.com DOES get a new coach for his Birthday. Look at that. Of course we had to find out on the message boards, exactly how I was hoping NOT to find out. But hell. This just seems to be my lot in life. Beat writer Greg Logan, even when on vacation, is the one to get the word out to the faithful in his Newsday article with a 7:11 pm time stamp.

Oh, right. If you haven't heard, it's Gordon. So welcome Scott Gordon to Long Island. This may or may not be much different from your coaching stint in Providence, but you'll have plenty of New Englanders around you to make you feel right at home.

Enjoy your stay.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to run out and buy ear plugs. Because when Big Angry Man gets home and finds out about this... I'm sure I'm going to hear about it for at least an hour at decibel levels rivaling Station 2's fire trucks. While I'm out, I'm going to pick up some more Vodka. I don't think I've got quite enough.

No comments: