Monday, November 3, 2008

Blue Jackets are in town - 11-3-08

11:41 pm: At home, and a little wired. Weirdest thing I heard in the locker room this evening was when one reporter asked Chris Campoli (Who showed up with some sort of blue sling/brace/something or other on his left shoulder) "How important was it for you to come from behind?"
Uhhhh... Hate to break it to you guy, but they were leading. So it wasn't exactly a "come from behind" unless you thought you were in the Blue Jackets dressing room.
Nice that Joey MacDonald received his first point in the NHL for his assist. That certainly put a smile on his face. And missing from the room tonight were Newsday's Greg Logan and our own Michael Schulerine.
I think I need some sleep. Photos tomorrow.
Game Night:
And it's also the first game of the season that IslanderQueen and I are seeing together (sort of) so I'm somewhat distracted.

Jon Sim seems to have earned the ire of the linesman as he has been called now for two penalties so early in the first. However, IslesOfficial Doug has explained that the last goalie interference call is purely a black and white issue.

WE don't care.

2:42 left, SOG 7 - 13 and there is no score. Now, let's see if Joey has the Ricky syndrome of letting up a goal with 1 minute left.

Hopefully not. Oh, and Tambellini was actually throwing around his body for a change. What a surprise. Okay, heading to gate One for the Meet & Greet. Someone should score now.

And they did because IQ and I stood at Gate 1 waiting, and waiting but no one else from NYIC showed up. We did manage to chat with some fans from Finland who were wondering why Sean Bergenheim wasn't in the line up tonight. I was wondering the same thing. But Tiger Track Tom found me on the concourse to tell me that Sean has the flu. I hope these four gentlemen didn't fly from Finland to see Sean play. They must have my luck for sure.

So while IQ and I were in the Ladies room, Richard park made it 1 - 0. They're not going to let me sit at the table pretty soon. And sure enough, as soon as I got to the door, Bill Guerin made it 2 - 0. Again, they're thinking that I'm the bad luck as they are usually down by many when I'm at the table. We'll have to change that tonight for sure.

And just as I said that Campoli manages to find a whole in the dog pile in front of.. who? Norrena? And a short handed goal no less! Good for him, he so needed that.


Okay, so here's how this goes. We're sitting here and the boys are saying that for sure they will blow the 3 -0 lead as they did Saturday. I am positive. "No No" I say. Be positive. The newbie from Farmingdale college next to me tells me he is a realist. I keep saying stay positive and give him some chocolate.

Sure as crap, the score is now 3 - 2 and I'm getting harrassed for being "positive." Okay, this is getting freakin' tiring. How long can I be the glimmer of hope in the darkness?


Love the "Hey Comrie, stop being a princess!" call from above us.


While we are waiting for the Ice Girls to clear the ice, Happy Birthday to Tiger track Tom. And the other Farmingdale College newbie Adam caught a tee-shirt for the 3rd time. But with those arms, I can't imagine he wouldn't.


Oddly, Adam is wrong. They were supposed to win by 3 - 2. But now they are tied at 3. WTF???
Okay, okay, well, Columbus had a penalty, but from the groan of the crowd, it looks like we might ot get anything out of this.
"This is worse than watching the Met's bullpen this year." came from the right of me.
Okay, with 3:57 left. I'm packing up.

No comments: