Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sorry Mike - There's No Room at the Inn

So that's a crappy Christmas reference, but it's the best I can do under the circumstances. I'm terribly behind schedule on my Christmas "To Do" list and work problems are draining my energies. (Also, if my husband sees me continuing to write instead of wrap, bake, clean and cook, he will probably throw my laptop out the window and run over it with his truck.)

The item that struck me this morning in Greg Logan's brief article is what Gordon said about Mike Comrie. I understand that the facts about rosters and cap restraints are real and daunting. That is business and the guidelines must be adhered to and unpopular decisions made. But in the quotes that Greg offered up, for some reason "He fit in well." regarding call up Ben Walter just struck me funny.

No where in this article did Gordon seem to give the impression that he was eager to get Mike Comrie back into his line-up. "Right now, there's a lot of things that have to be juggled, just a lot to toss around."

Am I reading into this statement? Perhaps. But maybe Scott Gordon is just as tired of watching Comrie's play as some of us in the stands are. Maybe the written statements I have seen that Comrie doesn't fit Gordon's system are actually accurate.

We will see in the next few games how the line-up shuffle plays out. Break out that Steve Stirling Line Combo Yahtzee game Scotto. I know he left it under the bench for you!

No comments: