Saturday, January 31, 2009

For the Heart, From the Heart



I have to make this quick because they are gonna kick me off at Panera bread in 30 minutes. Stupid lunch rules. But as I sit here waiting for my daughter's softball practice to end I just wanted to bring up two things that I thought were worthwhile.




Tomorrow is February 1st. February is generally associated with Love and the Heart. Well, Go Red for Women is a wonderful effort by the Heart Association to bring women's heart health issues to the public. Please visit their website and remember to wear Red on February 6th in recognition of their Go Red effort.


As a woman with a mild heart problem, and someone who has a much younger BFF with heart issues, this has always been one effort that is very special to me. Go to their website and buy a pin or one of their items. They're affordable, adorable and every item makes a donation to the Heart Association. (I bought the earrings. But if anyone would like to get me a present, I'm really fond of that cranberry glass bracelet.)

Next up is the Islanders newest promotion for February. That Can Do Fondue package sounds wonderful! Two tickets and a "Dip Certificate" for $25 for only $49. What a great Valentine's day gift for your favorite hockey fan. And you can use it on the 2/21/09 Devils game that will be Town Of Hempstead night.
I'd like to see the coliseum filled to capacity that evening. And this is a fun, affordable way to do it. Please call and reserve your tickets as I'm sure they will go fast.
As for tonight's game (that I won't be in attendance of!) I predict a hard fought win that will have us puking over a possible loss in the 3rd. But they'll come back to pull a rabbit out of a hat and beat the Florida Panthers by a very narrow margin. (I think they just like to see us sweat.)
I also predict that if my boy Sean is on the ice, he will score.... because I'm not there..... as usual...
Enjoy your Saturday. Hopefully, I will too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COUGH COUGH "Wont be in attendance for"..... VERY UPSETTING. Just letting everyone know, with this lady not in the box tomorrow; that will mean dead silence.....

the mother of the box, takes a break........YIKES :(

McCauley's Blog said...

Working at a medical center I will be sporting a lot of red in Feb.