Sunday, February 1, 2009

Danis Does it ... AGAIN!!


I knew they'd win last night's game against the Panthers. I just didn't think it would be with a 3 goal lead going into the 3rd. I figured for sure it would be a nail biter, like all the others.

But as Greg Logan said, the changes in the line ups seem to be working out and the defense is finally getting their act together. Add to that Danis has gained confidence in his own play and you have a team that is starting to string some wins together. Three to be exact.

A streak of sorts, but a small one. Don't worry everyone, there are plenty of games left in the season to lose in order to maintain that first round pick. Or, we could have someone go all Tanya Harding on Danis' knee. "Why me??? WHHHHYYYY?"


So while my blog box buddies were watching the Islanders win, I was watching this guy. Sonny Landreth and his "orchestra" as they called them. Most certainly the most amazingly talented slide guitarist you will ever hear. He is a musician's musician. He is also ultimate talent with the personality of a dish towel.


We were in the 3rd row of this 260 seat theater for the show. I put my phone on vibrate so my friends wouldn't know that I was keeping track of the score with IslesNation's Stephen.

When the message came through "FREEEEEE CHILLLLLIIIIIIIII" I knew things were going well out there in Uniondale. I tried to hide the bright light from my phone as I kept texting back and forth, but it wasn't easy.

Away from the game, but never THAT far away. Congrats to Kyle for showing what he can do.

No comments: