Thursday, January 15, 2009

There is DEATH outside, DEATH I TELL YOU!!!


WTF?? It's COLD. It's WINTER people!

I'm sitting here in front of the TV watching the weather and I've never been more amused. Yes, the Alberta Clipper has finally arrived here on Long Island. It will be bitter cold with some snow and ice. The wind chills are in the double digits. Again, IT'S FREAKIN' WINTER.

You know I travel to New Hampshire all the time. I was there over the holidays. Six degrees was a high and the wind chills were -19. My girls still went snowboarding and there were college kids playing hockey in the park on the outdoor rink. The hearty New Englanders would SCOFF at out weather coverage if they heard it. Absurd.

Dress warm, wear layers, drive carefully and come to the game tonight.

Yes, I - the woman who doesn't drive in bad weather - is not going to let a little Canadian air keep me from heading out to Uniondale tonight. So what? So I'll look like Nanook of the North bundled up untill I can't move my arms, but I'm going.

Okay, two non-hockey but Islanders related items for you this morning.

Has anyone heard this audio clip of LI football hero Boomer Esiason talking about the Lighthouse project? Boomer was a featured guest at the last IBC meeting on Tuesday. And he looked like he had a great time. Check the link (thank you KD). Basically, they guaranteed they'd open a steak house there when it's approved.

And lastly for this morning, um... Hello PR Guys... I don't seem to remember getting a Press Release on this VERY noteworthy effort. The Islanders are launching a Goal Green project and it really deserves our support. Please check out the Islanders portion of the KARMA411 website and support the effort to save energy and recycle. We have such a beautiful Island, we need to preserve and protect it.


Okay, who will be in net tonight? I have no idea! But B.A.M. has just given me the directive to go find out. HA! Yeah. Like I'll get THAT kind of scoop. Riiiggggghhhhhttttt!!



2 comments:

Islanders Outsider said...

See, they do listen to you sometimes! Ask for a press release, get a press release.

McCauley's Blog said...

Stupid cold here in Ohio also. Going down to -10 tonight and -20 wind chill.