Wednesday, March 4, 2009

NHL Trade Day - A Pending Canadian National Holiday

For most of us Americans, just another stressful day of sitting by the computer and TV.

I won't be posting any speculations or rumors, although I've heard a few really INSANE ones. But that's not my thing, now is it.

I can tell you there are a whole bunch of NHL wives sitting at this kitchen tables right now, wondering, waiting and worrying what will happen to their husbands. Where will the men in their lives be tomorrow. You can't tell me that's not stressful. You can't say that's not weighing heavily on the players themselves.

It's certainly easier for the youngsters who are unattached. Pack your bag and drive the to the airport. Another chapter in your young career begins. But if you've got a home, a wife and kids in school, packing and heading to the airport leaves everything you love behind. In no uncertain terms, this is a day of extremes.

I will be at work, but even I (yes, the techno jackass) is on twitter. You can follow me there if you like or on facebook (which will probably crash by noon.)

Have a great day. May Garth Snow get what he wants from all this so he can then relax a little.

No comments: