Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How an Interview can go HORRIBLY wrong....


I won't belabor the point that I thought this interview would have been far better had the interviewer been SILENT. I'm sure you've heard it by now. Hell, I think everyone from NY to Toronto has heard it since I ended up hearing snipets of it on 640AM Toronto late this afternoon.
They tell me Carton was trying to be "edgy." I think he was being a disrespectful jerk. But that's just me.
I would like to just simply address something that I've noticed on a lot of the message boards and the other stations. Yes, Charles Wang did say if he had to do it all over again, he wouldn't. This doesn't mean that he doesn't love hockey or that he doesn't care about the team.
Let me put it in perspective for you. If someone asked me if I would marry my husband of 17 years again, I would also say "NO!" Does that mean I don't love him? Does that mean I will leave him and move to Kansas City? Does that mean I will throw my hands up and walk away? Hardly.
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. But it's not something you'd want to have to do over again. Maybe I would take a different path.
Okay, about him saying the Coliseum is a "dump" hours after hearing Garth Snow say the same thing in an interview, which seem to have rattled the Toronto media. But Bill Waters stopped the conversation with the truth. "It is a dump." And we deserve better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, hope your husband ain't reading this.

Travelchic59 said...

I laughed my a** off when I read the comments about being married.
And you did it TWICE??!!!

Once is more than enough for me and I can honestly say I will NEVER do it again! I love my hubby dearly and he is going to Heaven for putting up with me, but marriage is way too much work. LOL!

And WFAN? Who the he** listens to what those morons have to say?