Monday, June 1, 2009

Newspaper No More

Newsday has changed their format today, and at first I didn't even notice. My husband pointed it out to me as I was making my daughter's lunch.

"Did you see what they did to Newsday? Look how small it is!" He seemed disgusted with a media outlet that has caused us disgust most of the weekend.

First of all, their Sunday sports edition had two full page stories on Class AA high school softball teams, but Sayville's Suffolk County championship win received one paragraph even in the Suffolk edition.

Now the paper has lost a number of square inches in it's height and a few point sizes in it's type. It is certainly NOT the NY Times. Why don't they just call it the "PennySaverPlus" now? Does it really qualify as a "news" paper?

Perhaps it's just an ad circular with website listings where you can actually FIND the information you're looking for on line.

Uggghhh.... Thanks Dolans.

No comments: