Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's all up to KATE!

As per an exclusive report by NYI PointBlank Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi will hold a press conference regarding a finalized lease between the County and Charles Wang.

On Friday, I had heard rumblings that the developers would leave no loose ends to tie. I guess this was what they were talking about. In doing so the fate of the Lighthouse Project will lie solely with Kate Murray and her Hempstead board.

Did anyone else just shudder? So very long ago she warned that she would be judge and jury of this project. I didn't like that idea then, I don't like it now. I would so very much like this project to have to be voted on by the general public. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Wait... it was voted on by the general public. News12 and Newsday both had polls that indicated overwhelming support for the project.

Let's see what happens now. Does Kate go with the NIMBY minority in the decision or with the majority of supporters?

Tick Tock Queen Kate. Tick Tock.

1 comment:

islesfan1 said...

I knew it would come down to this...but doesn't this remind you of the Penguina few years ago going down to the final hours before they got the approval for their new arena...my gut tells me that is what will go down