Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy HOCTober People!

We actually made it! In April, I didn't think it would ever get here, but today is the first day of the new regular 2009-2010 Hockey Season.

It's also the date I get to have lunch with Tom Suozzi. Okay, not really, but since the press conference is at noon, guess I'll be eating fast food in the car driving back to work.

Interesting take that Newsday has on the lease announcement in today's paper. This whole thing is basically putting the ENTIRE project squarely in Kate Murray's hands.

Not exactly where I'd like to see it, but hell.... that's where it is now. It's all up to Kate and her flying monkeys- oppsss- town board. (Sorry. Wizard of Oz reference there.)

The lease runs until 2030 and the only thing I found interesting was the comment that the leaseholder would get revenue from parking, ticket sales and concessions in return for taking on all repairs.

Well, considering he'd be putting in a ridiculous amount of money to renovate the Coliseum, it's about time he gets the revenue from those items.

The County will get $1.5 mil in rent annually as well as for sure... TAX revenue from those sales. (Uncle Sam always gets his out of everything you buy, and the State is above the County, but it's in there.)

There's an IBC event today - that I won't be at, damn it. But sigh... I actually DO work for a living. As a matter of fact, I work for a company whose major client is Comcast Cable who just put a bid in to buy....

NBC!

WHAT THE HELL????

Okay, Later.

No comments: