Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jason: Go Sit in the Time Out Chair


I know I probably shouldn't do this, but I can't help it. I've been wrestling with this the entire day. Why should I, a NYI blogger, say anything about a player on another team when that team wasn't even playing the NY Islanders? With my luck, there's probably some media rule against it, although I won't be sure since no one can actually materialize a media rule book. But, considering I've promoted, protected, publicized and basically done everything but officially offer up this player a bone marrow transplant, I think I have the right to speak my mind.

Dear Jason:
What the F**K were you thinking?
For years I have watched you push hard to the net. I used to call it "Bowling for Goalies." I even have a poster on my den wall of you crashing the crease from the 2004 World Cup exhibition game that I attended. It's part of your game. Sometimes it actually works as the puck hits the net before you do.

But crosschecking Drury while he was in Toskala's paint was just unexcusable. I'm used to you taking out the opposition's goalie, Jason. I never thought I'd see you take out your own.

I understand you are frustrated. I understand it was a tough game and a dissapointing start to the season. But if you let your frustration get the best of you, Wilson won't just bench you next time. He'll take Bill Watter's advice and ship you to the Marlies. So unless you're looking to cut your NHL career short or have no chance at cracking the 2010 Team USA roster, you better take a time out, relax and play smart from here on in. NO MISTAKES!!

And apologize to Toskala. And Wilson. And every fan that ever* respected you. And just make sure you never do anything that dumb again, or I won't be so nice about it. Think about it, you've even managed to piss ME off, and that was next to impossible.

7th


PS: Thank God you didn't do that wearing an Isles jersey or I personally would have never heard the end of it in my house... ever.
*Because my buddy Brian is the bestest ever.

No comments: