Wednesday, October 14, 2009

No Light To Be Found.

Okay, I'm out. It's now 11:15 pm and we've all been waiting around since about 5:30 pm to get a valid answer. It's not coming.

How a little known media outlet such as the Long Island Press (sorry guys, I do love you) can break one of Long Island's (potentially) biggest stories is just suspect. Something is wrong with this picture, but I don't know what it is.

As I said on HockeyBuzz, I am not well versed in politics of any kind (not even the politics of dancing errant 80s reference as it is late and I am delirious.) so I do not know what the end game plan for this actually is.

I know that for several hours now the entire of Islanders Nation that is connected via social media has been in a tizzy.

Could Charles Wang have finally had enough with the entire thing? Could he actually be planning to pull what he did in Plainview when he raised his hands to the heavens and said "Byte me. I'm outta here." I haven't a clue. I couldn't blame him however if he has.

This is nonsense. The posturing, the political agendas, the greedy hands looking for their share of a big pay off from a deep pocket. I'm sick of it.

And who is in the middle of the sticky mess? We are. Not just the hockey fans who have been supportive and vocal, but Long Islanders in general.

I believed whole-heartedly in the project and what it could bring. No one has given me anything (other than grief and a really good Italian sandwich at a meeting one afternoon. Do I have to claim that in the new blog rules? I think it said it was $6.55) to be supportive of the project. I have done that on my own. I have seen Columbus and what the arena district did for an area that had been troubled. It was beautiful and I was jealous.

If Mr. Wang wants to pull out now, it is his right to. It's his money that he has spent along with his time. He has shown more dedication for a project than most would ever for longer than anyone with his intelligence.

So I will believe these things as the only truths for the night: The Islanders will be playing in Uniondale for the 2009-2010 season. There is an election coming up for Town of Hempstead Supervisor. Even without the Lighthouse, perhaps it's time to vote someone else in to change the way things are done in that township. The nepotism, the lolly gaging, the personal agendas don't do the actual voters any real good. The Democrat candidate is Kristen McElroy. Write that down.

Another truth, my freakin' phone is buzzing at 11:30 at night. That can't be good.

1 comment:

New York Islander Fan Central said...

Newsday had a person close to the developers off the record say the project has not been abandoned Wednesday.

http://www.newsday.com/blogs/politics/spin-cycle-1.812042/silence-surrounds-lighthouse-project-1.1524185