Monday, November 2, 2009

Isles vs. Oilers 11/2/09

9:13 pm Khabbi played catch with Bruno. SOG are now 35 - 20 in favor of the Isles and they are doing exactly as Scott Gordon had told them to -- pressure. PS... Jack Hillen skates funny.

9:09 and it looks like Mark Streit is taking target practice on Nikolai. But nothing is materializing out of this powerplay chance. Drat! And Rollie bangs his stick to let them know, PP over, you failed. SOG are now 33 - 20 in favor of the Isles and there is only 8:43 left. Interesting that there was almost a time out when there wasn't supposed to be. The NHL guys in front of me are going a little nuts.

8:58 and Rolie is down on the ice as he had quite a collision outside the pain. He gets a rousing round of applause for getting up. But then again... at his age.. he should be used to that. ha ha... Okay... I can say that because I'm even older than he is. So that garners #27 an interference penalty and another chance for the Islanders to add to their totals.

Attendance is stated as 10,846 and I will say... sure. Whatever.
But the stat that isn't a fib so far is the face off percentage where the Isles are winning that battle again at 59%. Nice.
Little tussle in front of Khabibulin and even JT gets into the act. Careful with that cross checking JT. You'll get called for it just as easily as anyone else.


8:56: Nice flurry of chances and no new goals. But JT got shoved to the ice and exception was taken. Too bad the refs stopped the retaliation or it might have been a good one.


8:33 pm: Who would have thought? OMG... Courtesy of Brooks Simpson on my Facebook page: "Brendan Witt is doing his Denis Potvin imitation 2 days too late for Halloween!" Would we expect a two goal night for Witter? No. Tavares, yes. Witt, no. But that's what we have.


And we have free Wendy's Chili ladies and gentleman. Don't forget to go ask for it.


While I was away after the first, I went to meet Anthony C from Crash the Crease. He's on Twitter as @ACHockeyGuys. Nice guy, edgy kid with a lot of hockey knowledge and a blogtalk radio show which I will be on tomorrow night along with Puck Daddy himself! Okay, shameless plug I know. But come on! I don't get to do that too often. I'll post the link as soon as I have it but for now, check out his site. Anthony also writes for a few different websites. He's just a bundle of hockey energy.


Other notes from the first period:


Did anyone else get a reminder of Charlie Brown getting plunked on the mound when big Andy Sutton threw down the gloves with Jacques? Too funny.


So can Brendan get a hat trick? Will he have a heart attack if he does???


Well, I'm here with a few hundred other people so far. Yep... It's going to be a sparse crowd. But that's okay. The only thing that matters is whether or not the guys on the ice have come to play. Tonight, everything else can take a back seat.


So, talk to you in a little bit.

So it seems that there are indeed quite a few reporters here all looking to do stories on ex-Ranger coach Tom Renney. Um, that does not include me. Surprised? ha!


So supposedly Mike Comrie took warm-ups. I didn't even notice. But then again, I only noticed him because Hillary Duff used to be in the stands. They also had a piece with Horcoff on the Jumbotron. Hmmmm... That's the guy EK said there were rumors floating about. Well, we certainly know that Garth seems to work well with the Edmonton. Let's see if something happens. You can never rule anything out when it comes to the Islanders.

2 comments:

TheMetalChick said...

"Well, I'm here with a few hundred other people so far. Yep... It's going to be a sparse crowd..."
I am shocked at how many people were there... I knew the announced was nearly 11K but as the 1st went on there had to be close to 10K there. I never would have imaginged it- in fact thats why I went to the game tonight! Of course I never would have imagined a multigoal game for Witter either lmao.

Michele Louise said...

they played another good game, good for the kids..about time things started going for them.