Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Next Move? With or Without a U-Haul

I'll make this relatively quick, for me that is. I became involved in a political race I couldn't vote in full well knowing what the outcome would be. I'm not surprised that Kate Murray was re-elected as Town Supervisor by a margin of 65% - 35% as the Democrats fell surprisingly short campaigning.

However I am also surprised that at 7 am, I can't find out if Tom Suozzi has been re-elected yet. "Too close to call" at 1:13 am when the last time News 12 updated their results. And now at 7 am I'm not sure if we have lost both friends of the Lighthouse project or not.

There's nothing to do now but go forward on and see who makes the next move. Will it be Wang or Murray? Who knows.

But if anyone sees a string of U-Hauls pulling up along Hempstead Turnpike, I suggest we panic.

And if you're not watching the World Series tonight, the Isles vs. Buffalo at 7pm on MSG Plus plus plus as there's basketball on MSG and the Devils are on MSGPlus. Can we make it FIVE?? Can we? Please?

2 comments:

7th Woman said...

Dear Anonymous leave your freakin name and email address and we'll talk. Or should I just find you based on your IP address??

Steve said...

Dear 7th woman, I think Wang should just tell Murray to get lost and bid on Queens. On your blog 6 months ago, you said you wanted no part of the chemically hazardous land in Willets Point. Well, the Shea stadium which is just beside the Willets Point chemical waste land lasted over 40 years before being demolished (Those harmful chemicals do not respect human made borders) and I haven't found any document on its foundation problems due to chemical dumping in Willets Point. The Shea stadium was built in
1960s without people realizing just how devastating those chemicals are. And the Mets have built the Citi field very close to it. If you know any evidence that Shea stadium had foundation or structural problems due to hazardous chemical dumping in Willets Point, I will be very interested to hear about it.