Saturday, December 5, 2009

Isles in Tampa: Ricky in Bridgeport

It's raining on this early December day. Rather gloomy and grey out there. Great day to have a holiday party in a bowling alley... if you live in Buffalo. But I live on Long Island, and that's where I am headed this afternoon. Someone pinch me.

The Tampa Bay Lightning took on the NJ Devils last night in a game that could be called more than "chippy." Each side had five fighting majors and seven penalties. Is this how the Lightning like to play it now? If you can't beat 'em... beat 'em? Oh boy.

So while the NY Islanders and their dads were lounging around resting up, the Lighning were mixing it up and flying back home. Sometimes the rest isn't always a good thing. But we'll have to see.

This is the first time John Tavares will be playing against the Bolts and his fellow first round draft pick, big Victor Hedman. Hedman played a little over 19 minutes last night and was a +1 for the night. You know damn well, Hedman will be out there every time JT is on the ice. It doesn't seem that Hedman is a big hitter, so that's good, but I know he's big and fast, so he just may be able to keep our prized rookie off the score sheet tonight. Let's hope not.

But if that is the case, I'm hoping Matt Moulson, Josh Bailey and Kyle Okposo can maneuver around the rest of the Lightning defense and find the back of the net.

The Bolts did a great job last night of holding the Devils to only 19 shots. NINETEEN?? Dwayne Roloson sees that many shots in the first five minutes of most of his games, right?

No word as of yet as to who gets the start in net. Could be Marty, could be Roli. We just KNOW for a fact it won't be Ricky. But the info will come through Twitter as the Isles leave the practice ice later this morning. (Although I'm guessing it's a given Robbie Schremp gets to see the Press Box at the St. Pete Times Forum today. He should write a book called "Press Boxes I've seen in the NHL -- All 30." (Next home game Robbie -- come sit with me. I'm sure you and Blake have nothing left to talk about.)

Tonight Rick DiPietro makes his goaltending debut for the 2009-2010 season going back to his roots in Bridgeport. I wish I could be there. No, seriously. I really wish I could be there... INSTEAD OF FREAKIN' BOWLING! Do you know how someone with no depth perception bowls? Do you? It's not pretty! But I digress.

Sudsie, who is with Rick in Bridgeport, said he was happy with how Rick has looked the last two days in practice. He said they're in the "timing" stage of the rehab. Today, he will actually "get ready for a game."

This is my note to Rick:

Dear Rick:

Good luck tonight and welcome back. I'm sure you'll be just fine. But if you skate out to the blue line again for a poke check, I'll mother slap you in the head.

Have a good game.

Dee


The SoundTigers lost last night by a score of 5 - 1. Ouch. It was the Wrecker's first game back in 14 games. He managed to get a triple minor. You're killing me, Joel.

And to #MightyMattMoulson who is only SIX goals away from my bet of 20 by January:

Dear Matt:

Get number 15 tonight and I'll actually bring a gallon of milk with me to go with those cookies.

;o)


Okay then! That's it for this morning's edition of "Too Much Coffee, Not Enough Info."

Later. I've got to go run around in the rain. Yucka.

2 comments:

Brooks Simpson said...

Try Wii Bowling. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!

This is really a well written blog. I've been reading quite a bit of your
content lately. As it goes I own and operate http://www.TheReedReview.com
and we're currently looking for team writers. We already have gotten three
new bloggers in recent days. We'd certainly be interested in bringing you
in if you are interested. I know this isn't much info but give me a shout
back if you are interested and I can give you more.
admin@thereedreview.com