Friday, January 29, 2010

Taking the Show on The Road!


Yep! What a year of "firsts." First year in the press-box, first year covering a road game. Okay, so it's only Philly which is like driving to my Uncle's house in Jersey, but STILL! It's NOT the Coliseum.
As it is a day game (who the hell scheduled a game at 1 pm not on a holiday? who?), and there is a full moon, I am not setting my hopes very high. Call it pessimistic, I call it realistic based on past experience.
This will be the first time I see Trevor Gillies on the bench. My guess is he will spend far more time on the bench than the ice. But it will be nice to know he is there if needed.


This from Islanders Authorized about Gillies:

Bring in the Toughness: At today’s practice was newly signed enforcer Trevor Gillies. The left-winger skated with John Tavares and Josh Bailey today as the regular on the right side of that line, Kyle Okposo had the day off. Interesting news today from Gillies is that amazing fight that is linked below in the last Islanders Authorized posting where Gillies takes on Jeremy Yablonski of the Binghamton Senators, it turns out that Gillies and Yablonski are best friends.

The Flyers have won all three of the match-ups this season. This one won't be easy, no matter who is in net. I wouldn't expect it will be Roloson.

John Tavares, who has had way too much press this week discussing his slump, needs to show fellow first year NHLer JVR that he can still score and make an impact. Heck, if he can't notch the goals himself, I'll take his patented pass from behind the net to Kyle Okposo so he can score from one knee two feet from the crease. Thank you.

The pre-game show on MSG-Plus will start at 12:30 pm. It doesn't look like there will be a replay as they sometimes do with a day game. So, if you have to work or have a life, you will probably be missing this one. But if you are home due to the frigid weather, or sleeping in due to too much partying tonight, then make sure you catch the game and follow me on Twitter as I'll be tweeting from the press box tomorrow while my two co-horts will be in the stands (with much better seats.)

1 comment: