Friday, June 25, 2010

"D" Day! As in DRAFT!



It's here! It's finally here! And what a day it will be for hockey fans everywhere.

But for me, it holds an extra special little kick because I will also be attending the Social Media Camp Long Island today in Patchogue. Even more exciting (or nerve wracking) for me is that I've been asked to help make a presentation on Sports Journalism. With luck, I won't look like a deer in headlights.

After that, it will be off to the Coliseum for the big draft party. I am hoping that many of you will be there. It may not be the first overall pick, but it should be a good one. I hope.

After yesterday's article in Newsday planted a seed of doubt I got a little angry. So hopefully, I will end the evening smiling and not angry.

Okay, so the Islanders will pick out a brand new puppy tonight for us to "oohhhh" and "ahhhh" over. I'm hoping it's either Eric or Nino. But then again, I'm not making the choice.

It'll be a busy day on the 'net as many of the most famous and prolific writers covering this sport are all crowded in LA for the big night. The rest of us will be at the Coliseum with Matt Moulson, John Tavares and Trevor Gillies. Be sure to check the Islanders ITV channel for behind the scenes video and live feeds.

I better get going! Time'sawastin'!

No comments: